Chapter 1: Moving

A month before moving to Japan (Y/N POV):

It was a normal Friday for me. My football (soccer) team just got back from our final match of the year. It was a tough game, but we won, 4-3. I was just going to go home and enjoy my day, maybe play some Apex Legends or League by myself. I was going to savor this summer, no matter what. After all the girl problems I went through last year, I can't afford to lose this freedom (A/N: Y/N is very popular amongst girls).

As I approached my house, I noticed that there was a storage unit in our driveway. I entered my house and saw an empty looking house. The couches in the living room had disappeared. It seemed like that more would go too.

"NEEECHANNN!" I cried as I opened the door.

Loud footsteps quickly descended the staircase, revealing Nikko's sister, Sakura Urata. She is seven years older than Y/N.

"What the hell do you want big guy?" Sakura replied.

I was too lazy to respond, so I gave her the look that indicated, 'what the hell is going on.'

"Oh this? I was going to tell you today but you left your phone at home. We're moving to Japan, the company I work at is transferring me there."

"Ah what the f**k? I finally got settled here too. Y/N wistfully stated.  "At least our family being Japanese has its benefits."

My sister works a job that requires a lot of travelling. However, recently, her company had decided to move her. She's much older than me. She was a really smart high school student, which gave her a lot of options regarding work. I live only with my sister because my parents, are well, somewhere.

I ran to my room and just threw myself onto my bed. I just wanted this to end, I didn't want to f**cking move.

"Is this a nightmare?" I thought.

Time-skip to present time:

I said my final goodbyes to all of my friends before we left for the Ottawa airport. Jeez, this was going to be a tough year. My Japanese is rusty, which'll be a problem. At least I'll be near my grandparents. I had on a lazy outfit; I was wearing my Kante jersey with some sweat-pants. My sister was quite excited because most of her friends are in Japan, but for me it was the opposite. I didn't have many friends, or any at all, but I was used to the community.

After checking in, we sat at our gate for the flight. We have a connecting flight to Toronto, after is a direct flight to Japan. I was practicing my Japanese before getting onto the flight. I have a long trip ahead of me. I have to get used to all of the Japanese norms and the language.

* * *

After the flights, we landed at 3 am. It was a short drive from the airport to the new place. My sister and I entered our new house for the first time, boy was it nice. The entire house seemed like it was brand new. I went to the washroom to prep for bed. I looked in the mirror, unsurprisingly, I looked awful.

I slid into my cozy futon and shut my eyes. For the most part, this move was fine. That being said, one thought was plaguing my mind.

"How will my new school be?"

I've transferred schools twice now. I haven't had the greatest experiences with new schools. All the girls obsessed over me while most of the boys envied me. I hope that I'll be able to live a normal life at my new school. I have no frickin' idea where I'm going though.

In the morning, I went to go explore the city. I walked around, enjoying all the beautiful shops and scenery around me. The Japanese locals are really nice. Everyone made comments about how tall I was though. I hate it, people always ask me if I play basketball. I went and got myself some meat buns before heading home.