Chapter 5: I Will Heal In Hell

We're walking in the busy street of Seoul as I notice the sky getting darker "It's getting dark" I said "I don't think it's proper to visit my friends at this late hour, they're probably home"

"Okay. How many friends do you have? So we could, you know calculate the time you have left" she asked

I kicked the stone in front of me as I walk and chuckled when my foot pass through "I have at least three jobs and when I have extra time I run errands. But to answer your question I have three friends Wendy from the coffee shop, Joy from my modelling gig, and Jennie from the call center"

"That's a lot of job" she remarks "Don't you get tired?"

"I do, I really do. I never had the time to enjoy my life. There would always be the time that I want to run away and escape, but I can't bring myself into doing that" I sighed as I reminisce the past "I made a choice. I made my mom choose, and if I can turn back the time I'd still make the same decision"

My tears threaten to fall when I remember the day we left our father, not because I regret it but because the heavy burden that was lifted from my chest and shoulder and was replaced with another weight, the weight of responsibilities.
Responsibilities that a child like me shouldn't be bothered with, but I know better. It is better than being in a complete family that is broken. My mother fell into depression when we found out that my father was killed, probably because of debts from loans shark. All I can say is, deserve. He may be my father, but he never deserve the title to be called one. Blood may be thicker than water, but I can't drink blood.

"How about you? Do you have friends?" I asked trying to change the topic "You know, in the grim reaper world"

She shaked he head and replied "No"

"How about that girl? Who said that I'm a pretty girl" I said cockily, she just shrugged "I remember you called her Sol? Sul?"

"Oh, her" she said irritation evident on her face "Her name is Seulgi, and we're not friends"

"Why?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me

"We're rivals from the promotion, which I probably won't be getting since I'm helping you. But hey, it's okay even though it's not" she sulked

"Sorry, hehe. But how do you guys get promoted?"

"The number of souls we deliver to the afterlife counts. After we deliver them they can give a feedback and rate us 1-5 stars, 5 as the highest"

"Really?!" confusion and shock visible from my face, what is this grab?! (transport company)

"What? No!" I slapped her arm and she laughed really loud in which I joined her "You know what? I'll help you on your revenge" she said

"No wayyyyy" I smiled still not believing. Don't judge me okay? I'm human and I have feelings, being the bigger person doesn't apply on me because I'm a small one.

"Why? You don't want to? You said you have a list, who are they anyway?"

"Actually it's just a person, my ex who dumped me and tried to win me back--- scratch that, more like he forced me to beg him to come back. Imagine getting embarrassed in your workplace, him kneeling in public places in front of me then later on screaming at me for being a bitch, he even tried manipulating my boss into firing me and harassed my little sister, I'm not gonna forgive him for doing that!"

"You got so much drama in life, but what happened next?" she commented "You can't stop talking now that I'm invested"

"Oh, I filed a restraining order with the help of my friend Jennie"

"Wow, can't imagine that" she replied "I've probably never been in a relationship" her brows furrow

"Oh..... You don't remember your past life don't you?"

"I don't........" she paused "That's why I want the promotion, because once you get promoted you'll have a chance to see what your past life was like"

"How does one become a grim reaper?"

"You apply" she replied

"Seriously?" I deadpanned asked, I know she's joking right now

"One becomes a grim reaper when they did something grave. I probably killed someone in my past life, I don't have an excuse but I believe I have a reason" she looked serious

"Don't worry I'll give you a five star and a good feedback" I said trying to lighten the atmosphere

"Yeah?" she chuckled "But right now let's do some revenge. What do you wanna call it? Operation............?

"Operation: I will heal in hell"

"Are you sure this is his place?" Lisa whispered at my back as we slowly walk inside Bogum's place

"Yes, I've come here 3 times" I whispered back "Why are we whispering anyway? He can't hear us right?" I said still whispering

She giggled before replying to me "Because you're funny, seeing you tiptoe like you're scared of being heard and seen just makes me want to laugh"

"Again. My mind refuses to register the thought that I'm dead" I said and straighten up my back and walked comfortably

We roamed inside the house looking at the furniture and some stuff that picks our interest. The lights are off therefore nobody's home

"Wow, you're ex is really a psychopath" Lisa stated "Look at him arrange his books by decimal points" she fake gagged "How many times have you been here again?"

"3 times, why?" I said as I scan the inside of the drawers

"You still scan the place like you're new here" she replied "what did you do on those 3 times?"

I feel my temperature rise as I remember the memories I tried to buried. This is embarrassing "None of your business" I said

"Steamy" she chuckled "No need to be embarrassed it's pretty normal"

"You're saying like you have some experience"

"I don't, but I have seen some pretty steamy business" she laughed again "For your information, some people die in sex"

"Enough of that" I said and pressed my index finger on her lips trying to hush her. This is my first time seeing her doe eyes up close since it's usually covered by her big hat. Her hazel eyes reflected the moon light, like an ocean full of thoughts. The more you stare the more it draws you in, where you only knew that you have drown is when you stopped breathing, and her plump lips feels so soft like a cotton candy that you want to eat--- what?! No--

My thoughts were interrupted when the door unlocked and swung open that made me jump and remove my gaze from the woman in front of me

I was about to hide then I remember I'm dead, good thing I didn't hide or someone will mock me again later. I stood my ground and didn't move as I stare at the man I loathe.

"Ready?" she asked and I nodded

"Let's do this"