[EDMUND PEVENSIE IMAGINE]

The reader is a female in this fic!

IMAGINE BEING A PRINCESS AND EDMUND TRYING TO CONFESS HIS FEELINGS TOWARDS YOU.

You had been born in a royal family - and as a girl, a princess, you had duties to take care of right after you had your 18th birthday. So your family sent you all the way to Cair Paravel to greet the ultimate Kings and Queens of Narnia, and there you met Edmund. And ever since you first had talked with him, something inside Edmund had told him that you were someone who would be very special in his life in the future. And it was right - during the next days as you stayed, Edmund found your company incredibly pleasant. He found himself being utterly enchanted by you, he often started to stare and someone had to smack him out of it. He just couldn't help it, he was slowly falling in love with you.

But then became your last evening at the palace before you would leave to your country again - and Edmund just knew he had to tell. His siblings had ushered him to tell you for all this time, but he had wished he could have a little more time - to gather his courage and practice with how he should say it. But there wasn't time for that.

"Y/N?" he said, forgetting about formalities and you turned to look at him and curtsied at him.

"Your Majesty."

He took a sight of you in, knowing that your ship left early the next morning. So he swallowed and took your hand into his. "These days have been amazing." he started and you blushed slightly.

"Thank you, King Edmund. You're too kind."

Edmund's lips parted, as he prepared to say the next words. "I... these days I have spent with you, have made me realize that... I..." he bit his lip, unable to get those words out. He should just say it, but at the same time, he should be soft with it. He sighed, trying to piece the words together again.

But how he would be able to say it sensibly when his heart was beating so fast as you looked at him and smiled like that?