Chapter 5: Europe in Crisis (P1)

Jack and Grace were called back to the palace by Queen Mary herself the next day

Jack and her were originally supposed to go to Westminster Lane upon Chief Ripley's request so they could find some potential clues that could help determine who blackmailed Enid to kill the prince.

Unfortunately, a guard from the royal palace entered and said the queen wished to speak with them. Seeing as it was Grace's call, she elected to go to the Palace first and here they are.

"Detective Grace, after your noble service uncovering our grandson's murder, we feel we can trust you with another royal mission!" Queen Mary explained.
"Of course, Your Majesty. My partner and I would be delighted to help." Grace says as polite as she possibly can—it was the queen after all.

"Count Rupert has gone missing. He's always been something of a scoundrel but after Prince Albert's killing, the Royal Family cannot afford another scandal."

"You do know we're a police agency, right? Not some kind of VIP babysitting service? Besides Rupert tried to have us arrested! Let him stay lost." Jack interrupted and Grace gave him a disapproving look.

She didn't like Count Rupert either, but it was a request from the queen of England and this could be a diplomatic incident.

"My guards spent all night looking from him. We are afraid he may have been kidnapped...or worse!" Queen Mary says gravely.

Grace gives Jack a warning look and he concedes.
"Fine, the last thing we need is another dead prince. Where was Rupert last seen?"
"In the castle's jewel house! That greedy rascal is forever trying on the crown jewels."
"Then we will search there first." Grace determines and the two are escorted to the Treasure Room.

ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.

"This is a waste of our time and resources. Look at this place! It's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack." Jack complains once the guards have left the two alone.
"I know. I don't want to do this either. But the faster we finish, the faster we can go to Westminster Lane and find what we were really looking for." Grace points out as she begins to search, finding only a jewelry box.

"I'm going to search through this." She announces and Jack nods in acknowledgement, leaning up against a wall.

It takes a while to search through but at the bottom there's something of interest.
"I found this theater ticket with Count Rupert's name on it!" Grace announces with a smile, excited by the new lead. Jack grabs the ticket and looks at it in shock.
"So while all the guards were hunting for him, Count Rupert was at the theater?! Man, just when you think someone can't get more self absorbed." Grace nods in agreement, cracking a small smile.
"We should go down to the Globe and track him down."
"Alright. Let's go let Rupert know that all the Queen's horses and all the Queen's men have been looking for him."