Chapter 18: Murder by Proxy

Warning: This should be obvious to anyone who's played this case (and is a spoiler but anyway) but this chapter does discuss sexual assault. It's only mentioned near the end (since the end of the chapter is when I reveal the murderer). I didn't put this in the warnings in my intro because I hadn't realized this would be discussed (although honestly I should've expected this considering the other subjects this game deals with). Anyway, my long message aside, just warning to anyone in case that subject makes you uncomfortable❤️

 Anyway, my long message aside, just warning to anyone in case that subject makes you uncomfortable❤️

The team arrived in Morocco to one of the Bureau's many safehouses across the world.

There were several rooms--four with twin beds, one single with a desk and a queen--all with their own bathrooms. They were all in a row, similar to a dormitory and connected by an open plan living room which included a small kitchen and another bathroom.

The safehouse was, conveniently, not too far away from the offices so not everyone needed to be there at once if needed.

After assigning everyone to a room and everyone got settled, they all went to the office.

Ingrid looked extremely nervous so when she asked Grace to come into a conference room, she didn't need to ask twice.

"Grace, what a catastrophe! With Chief Ripley dead, we have no one to command this ship! What will we do?! I still can't fathom who'd want to kill her. She was such a strong, intelligent woman. The best the Bureau's ever seen. We're doomed!"

"Woah! Calm down, Ingrid! Breathe." Jack instructs as he came into the room.

"Archer, I didn't hear you come in! I...was just having a chat with Grace."

"I saw that. Figured Grace could use some backup." He jokes, winking at the detective.

"I can take care of myself...but thank you." Grace retorts.

"Anyway," Ingrid interrupts, "now that we're in Morocco, we don't have a second to waste! We must go after Ripley's killer!"

"We know the orange dye on the dart that killed the Chief comes from a poppy flower native to Morocco, meaning the killer is here, or was here recently. It's not much but it's a start!" Jack explains.

Ingrid pulls up a paper with info on a dark skinned man in a blue suit with dark hair and eyes.

"The US embassy's granted assistance for the investigation. Your contact is Adam Hassan, the military attaché to the ambassador. Mr. Hassan is waiting for you on the docks. Grace, I'm counting on you to bring the Chief's killer to justice!"

"You got it, Ingrid. We'll get down there shortly."

ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.

"Grace, the man in that fishing boat looks just like our contact. Please me he's sleeping...or drunk." Grace bites her lip, her stomach filling with dread as she creeps closer to the kayak where the body is.