X || Spiaggia

A U R O R A

A U R O R A

"Moya koroleva, ya skazal tebe, chto nikogda tebya me otpushcu, ya vernulsya za taboy."

(My queen, I told you I would never let you go, I came back for you)

"DADDY, MOMMY, NONNO!" I call out helplessly.

"Oh my darling, they aren't coming for you, it's okay I've got you." He murmurs in my ear.

My chest rises and falls rapidly, he's got me, again. A rough hand curls around my throat holding me in place, right where he wants me. I stare straight ahead as I feel his callused hands caress my emotionless face.

I wake up with a start, falling out of my horrific nightmare feeling groggy, wanting to fall into a peaceful slumber but the idea of peace in my world seems so far gone.

Fearful of stumbling into another memory-filled dream, I sit up slightly, running my hands throughout the array of sheets to find Bubba. Once the soft fabric grazes the flesh of my palm a smile brushes my lips and I swing my legs over the side of the bed and pad my way over to the closet.

I decide against changing just yet, I'm rather comfortable in my pyjamas. I leave the room on a mission, to get there without being caught.

Making my way towards the kitchen, I grab a punnet of raspberries balancing in between my arms next to Bubba, before slipping quietly through the back door.

Venturing for a few minutes I finally reach my destination. The garden is my favourite place in the world. Once you go beyond the greenery and forest there is a small gate. Behind the gate lies the beach, calm waves lapping against the golden grains. I'm safe here, I always have been. It belongs to Nonno, so no one should be on here.

I run along the sand, feeling it seep in between my toes. I missed this, so much, too much.

I hear the padding of paws behind me and a smile lights up my face, my babies!

Lupo in the lead bounding towards me, behind him Granello and plodding along at the back Bear comes, tripping over his own feet.

Before they reach me I sit down and reach my arms towards them. The short distance between us closes and I'm attacked by a mess of slobber and fluffiness.

I give them all cuddles and lay Granello and Bear down on my lap, beside Bubba, with Lupo sitting to the side of me like my own personal guard dog.

My not so tiny puppies start nudging my hands with their wet noses prompting me to pet them, which of course I give in, stopping every now and again to have a handful of raspberries.