(1)Drayvon Night

As I lay there looking at the ceiling dreading another day, another party I must attend to keep the allies we have obtained from the war 10 years ago. This year it is held by Marcus Matthews and Octavia Branson, Alpha, and chosen Luna of the Moon Ridge Pack. Second strongest pack in this region. Marcus allied with us during the war where he lost his mate. A few years later he chose Octavia as his chosen Mate. None of the packs have heard from him in five years so I made sure to open my schedule for this event least I could do for those who help us. The war changed a lot of people some for good some for the worse. It's hard to forget a day like that. I know I never will. I learned a lot you can't trust people, love is for fools, blood does not make you family, and you can only truly count on yourself.

***Flashback***

"Son they are here, it is time". Said my father with panic.

"Everyone to the borders, those who can't fight to the safe rooms. HURRY". I shouted to our pack.

As we ran to the border ready for battle my eyes must have been playing a cruel trick for what I saw stopped me dead in my tracks. There stood my mate in the embrace of my cousin Mica, my best friend.

"Cat got your tongue Drayvon"? Mica chuckled as he kissed my mate.

"How could you Rose, you're my mate?" I tried to keep the sound of my heartbreak out of my voice.

"Oh Drayvon, you're a freak. Why would Goddess pair us I have no idea? Mica is a real Alpha, not you." She spat at me as she returned Mica's kiss.

Everyone around us fighting as I stood there feeling the bond made between two souls shattering in my heart. The pain was unbearable. When a mate bond breaks most wolves die which without their wolf the human dies as well. As I looked around to the beginning of a massacre in my wake, I blocked out the pain. I was different and I was powerful I could not let this destroy me or my pack. I looked around for the two who caused this. When I laid my eyes on the redhead who broke our heart my wolf growled at her sight, my demon was running wild in my mind, Mica was removing his claws and k-9s from his latest victim. When they hit the ground, my heart shattered once again it was my mother. My father ran toward them to save his mate. Rose caught him in his leap to mother and she snapped his neck in one twist. I felt my fur breaking the skin and my demon coming out and at that moment everything went black. When I came to, I saw the few warriors they had left retreating in defeat I looked down to see myself covered in blood. When I shook off the shock, I noticed it was not mine for it was Rose's. I had killed the woman who killed my father, my mother, and started this frenzy. Mica must have gotten away. I would see him again, but for now, I must take care of the disaster they cause.

***Flashback Ended***

A lot of lives were lost that fateful day. I have made it my mission to protect my pack and those in need. I may be strict, but I will never be taken advantage of like that again.