(2)Parklynn Matthews

Another Dreadful day. I think to myself as I let the cold water run down my hair and face soothing the pain beneath. Thank goddess for werewolf healing. The only thing that last is bruises, soreness, and if bones are broken, they heal faster than normal humans, but the pain is still awful. I don't know what's changed over the years. This pack is not as loving as it once was. My father is colder than ever. I know when it began.

***FLASHBACK***

I wait in this crowded room in fear, our families in battle. I am the only child of the Alpha, and Luna I could never imagine life without them. I am only fourteen years old. Our pack is the second strongest, but it still does not ease the fear.

"Please Goddess bring them home safe, bring them all home please". I prayed to the goddess our creator.

As I stood there holding some children in fear as their mothers gossiped for, they were used to this. I don't think I could ever get used to this. Finally, the lights came on and the doors opened. Everyone exiting to go find their loved ones. Once I exited, I frantically looked for my parents. As I turned into the Alpha's office my father turned to me with tears in his eyes.

"No father where she is. Where's mother"? I stuttered scared to know what I could already feel in the pit of my stomach.

"Parklynn, she's gone. Your mother, my wife, my mate is gone". He said with sadness laced in his voice.

As my father hugged me tears fell from my eyes like rain in a storm. So many emotions brewing. Why her why my mother. She was the greatest woman on earth. I slept in her study the night and many nights after.

Things were decent for a couple of years. Then Dad met Octavia Branson. At first, it was nice to see dad smiling again and back to his normal self. She was always nice to him. Me not so much. She never really talked to me and always made sure to keep me away from my father. I quit training and went into a depression never really leaving mom's study. That soon became my room. Dad began getting more distant not wanting anything to do with me. Maybe because I reminded him of his mother. I don't know but I began fading in the background. He then got engaged to Octavia. After their wedding, she convinced him to demote me to the Omega Slave. Meaning I was now the slave to all in the packhouse. They came first I had to put everyone before myself.

***FLASHBACK ENDED***

I don't know if dad knew about the beatings, but he never really did pay attention to those bruises. I was not allowed, friends. Octavia ruled this home she was never really a Luna. She was so greedy and conceited. I finally gave up wanting to be heard. I finally gave up for wanting and waiting for a mate. I mean it's been ten years since my mothers' death and eight years since I became age to find my mate and transform. My wolf is beautiful, but we don't shift much due to always being locked away. Seeing how my own family turned on me, pack beats me when they feel like it. Who cares anymore what love is mates, not me I saw what it does to people?

I pull on my leggings and my oversized hoodie to get ready to prepare for the gathering this evening. Dad is already in his office with his friend Mica. He started coming around about nine years ago. He introduced Octavia and my father. I don't know why he gives me the heebie-jeebies. My wolf as well senses something bad from him. I ignore all stares and begin my day. After all, that is what slaves do isn't it?