(4)Erebus Front and Center

PARKLYNN POV

Another Day in hell. They are having a gathering for the strongest pack who is arriving today, it has been a long time since we have been around them. I of course am busy cleaning and cooking, getting everything perfect for them so I can be left in peace for once. As I am preparing the meal for our guests Mica walks in.

"So how has life been my dear"? he says oh so smoothly. I ignore him as I do everyone.

"Now there is no need to be rude. I am just making small talk with the help. Call it my charity for the day". I roll my eyes in disgust. "Fine be a dumb bitch I don't care it isn't like someone else is willing to talk to you". He slammed the front door as he exited. He was trying to hurt my feelings, but the joke is on him I learned a long time ago how to keep that from happening. No, I am not mute I just choose not to speak to anyone. I smelled a familiar scent wrap my nose.

"Parklynn go clean up and put on some decent rags we have guests attending and you are to make sure everyone is well taken care of". I mentally slap myself knowing of course Octavia would find some way to ruin my evening. So, as I was told by Bitch Luna I went and showered. I tried to look half decent for I wanted just one night to not be beaten.

I hurry back downstairs to finish setting the table and cleaning any mess I may have left to avoid any ridicule from Octavia when I hear father in his office with a few other Men. From the sounds of it, they are our guests. As I am in the hallway the future beta was approaching. He really gets under my skin. He does most of the beatings and name-calling. I was shocked when he passed right by me without a word. Maybe tonight will be a good night.

Boy was I wrong when suddenly, a felt a hand on my left hip shoving me into the wall. I felt something pop, but I was not going to let my pain show. When I turned around, I saw the newest Beta Levi laughing like a dying goat with his little followers. I swear him being our new Beta is awful. I hate to see who they choose as our new Alpha. The word is it is Levi's best friend Andrew and that cant is more devastating. A life of torture worse than what I have already endured. Yay, note the sarcasm. Levi began kicking me in the stomach as I lay there trying not to scream in pain. It is like everyone decided I was the one to take their problems out on. As Levi and his friends exit to the guy's den, I lay there coughing up blood I decide before Father and Octavia come out with guests, I need to make myself scarce. I crawl my way to the hallway closet and hide in there as I try not to keep the sniffles low of the cries of pain, I realize some real damage is done. I can taste the metallic of my blood against my lips. I slowly began to close my eyes I just can't stay awake any longer. I am in so much pain maybe sleep will help.

DAYVON POV

Marcus and Octavia are going on about their plans. They have already introduced us to the Chosen future Alpha and Beta Andrew and Levi. In my opinion, they have a lot of growing up to do. Octavia is nothing like the past Luna. May the goddess be with her. My demon and wolf really wish she would choke on her own tongue. There's nothing wrong with the Luna speaking their mind and having backbone but when she talks, she sounds like a mouse on helium. My other halves do not like her. Erebus has been on edge, he's snappy and short-fused right now. We then exited and headed to the dining hall for dinner with Octavia still going on about how much stronger they have become. Man does this woman ever shut up. I suddenly was stopped in my tracks by a sweet overwhelming scent. Lavender and honey. Oh, shit no not again. Erebus was at the front of my mind he was going wild over the scent. Then there was a scream that made you think someone just died.

"What the hell, where is that little skank? Why is there blood all over my brand-new carpet"? Octavia screeched at her husband who said nothing but cowered his head.

My instincts took over and I began following the blood trail with Haisleigh and Joshua right on my tail. Finally, we ended up at a closet door. Without hesitation, I yanked the door open. At the sight, before us, I was frozen in my tracks. I heard Haisleigh gasp at my side.

"Who the fuck did this"? Joshua said with disgust invoice.

"That is none of your business, now leave her be I am sure she deserved this". Octavia's voice made Erebus's blood boil beneath the surface; he was clawing to get out. Haisleigh was getting pissed and was about to speak her mind. I had to let Joshua know who she was.

"Listen here you want to be Luna bitch. I don't give a damn who she is. No one deserves such treatment and as the leaders of this pack you should be protecting all your members." Haisleigh was furious.

'Joshua doesn't say a word out loud. That woman lying there is Erebus's mate". I linked Joshua not knowing how to feel.

'What the hell. Your second mate. We need to get her to a doctor now Dravyon'. He said in urgency.

I nodded in his direction to let him know I agreed I was just in shock. Thanatos was not speaking to us he must be shocked as well. Erebus wants to avenge his mate and protect her well I see he's made his decision. As Joshua picked her up to take her back to our pack to our doctors because we couldn't trust anyone here, I saw the future Alpha and Beta laughing with their friends at the sight of an almost lifeless woman in Joshua's arms. Erebus took control of my body.

EREBUS POV

How dare those two bitches. They think this is funny. I will show them. I was in front of them in the speed of light.

"Who done this." My voice is deeper and a tad darker than Drayvon's.

"Who gives a damn. The little bitch was in the way anyways." Beta laughed "She doesn't belong to you she belongs to us so run along." He snarked.

Oh, hell no he didn't. I saw Joshua and Haisleigh back away slowly for they knew I was at the surface. I snatched that bitch Beta by his throat.

"Do you know who you are talking to"? My eyes are full black I see the fear in his eyes.

"You are nothing but a pathetic excuse of a Beta. You're lucky I respect the Alpha Marcus, or I would rip you to shreds in seconds. Don't ever claim her as your belongings again or I will take great pleasure taring your skin from your body while you scream for death". He was shaking and gasping for air. The future Alpha was puffing his chest like he was going to challenge me, and I hoped he would, but we were interrupted by a startled Marcus.

"Boys leave them all be. You never mess with an Alpha and his mate." Marcus stuttered. Gasps were heard and I dropped the beta to the floor. I gave Drayvon control for we didn't want them to find out about her being our mate but that did not last long. We needed to get back and get her to a doctor quickly.