(5)She is Awake

We are rushing back to the pack. The look in Marcus's eyes was mixed emotions. Octavia screaming about the girl and how worthless she was when Marcus grabbed my arm and said, "Please Alpha Night take care of her". His emotions were unclear. Why was he caring now seeing she beat it must be normal the way everyone else acted?

As these thoughts ran through my head on the drive, I looked down to the girl whose head is laying in my lap. My heart and mind playing against one another. Haisleigh is beside us with the girls' legs on her lap. She finally spoke up.

"Listen Drayvon I am talking to you as your sister-in-law and your Beta female. Before going making rash decisions you need to think it through. We all know the past and we know what it has done to you. Please think on it first." She pleaded with me.

I did not say anything for she knew me all too well. Erebus is at the front watching over his mate, but Thanatos still has not spoken to us. I would talk to them both later first she needed the doctor. Finally, we pulled into the territory Joshua has already mind-linked the Doctor and let him know we were on our way and her condition. I know I needed to figure out what's going on with us being mates and all, but none the less no one deserves that treatment ever. The doctor rushed her to the room while unlike other Alphas contained my composure and headed to the office, I needed privacy and needed to speak with Erebus and Thanatos.

As I entered the office, I was on edge deep down torn between feelings.

'Daryvon she is not just my mate, but also yours'. Erebus said cautiously knowing my feelings on mates.

'I know Erebus, but I can't let go of the past that easily. Thanatos what are your thoughts.' I asked curiously if he chimes in.

'I don't know Drayvon.' He sounded confused and defeated.

'What is going on Thanatos'?

'Yeah, Thanatos we are one what is up with you Drayvon needs some guidance and that is usually your job'. He wasn't wrong with those words I needed to know something.

'Well, I can't ok. You think the pull with one is strong I can't help with this decision because not only is she Erebus's mate. She is my second chance mate'. He said with heartache in his words.

'What? So, she is Erebus's first mate and your second chance mate? How is that even possible.' What the hell is going on now she's all three of our mates. Goddess has tricks up her sleeve.

'Listen you two I will have to think about this for myself. She will stay here if she wants so she's near us, but I will not jump into this you remember the past as I do. I can't let something like that happen. Mica still hasn't been found and we can not allow this to defer our mission'. They hummed in agreement.

I then head to the hospital to check on our guest with the doctor. As I entered her hall the doctor met me at her door.

"Alpha, Female Beta informed me of some of the situations as you found the young girl. I must tell it is worse than it seems." He said being cautious and his face was stricken with sadness.

"Tell me, doctor, what is wrong"? I asked remaining calm even though all three of us began to worry.

"Well, first all her ribs are either fractured or recovering from fractures. Second, her entire body is recovering from old breaks or fractures. The muscles in her torso are healing from tares and strains. This young lady has been beaten for years." He said with disbelief.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing nobody should be treated such away. I nodded to the doctor in understanding. I headed into the women's room. Haisleigh and Joshua were already in there. Joshua was by the door and Haisleigh was trying to console a frightened woman hidden in the corner using the IV pole as a defense weapon. I stay quiet but her big green eyes are glued on me as I walked into the room probably because she just realized I was her mate, but she says nothing. With the look in her eyes, you can tell she is in pain and fearing for her life. I want to keep my distance for I am confused but I also don't want her hurting herself. What do I do?

PARKLYNN POV

I wake up to the beeping noise. I feel some pain not as before. I can hear voices they don't familiar with. I make sure to block our mind was too special they can't know our secret ever. I can't trust anyone I learned that a long time ago. I hear the door shut but I still hear two voices whispering. Even with heightened hearing, I can not understand what they are saying. I felt someone's hand on my arm. In reaction, I jump out of bed grabbing the first thing I could in defense. There's a woman with long auburn hair and a man with shorter brown hair staring at me. They looked shocked. What the hell is going on where am I? Is all I think to myself.

"It is ok. We are not going to hurt you. My name is Haisleigh, this is Joshua, what is your name?" she looks at me for an answer. I haven't talked in years I don't think I could if I tried. Suddenly,

the room door opened again and the man that walked in was the most beautiful man I have ever seen. Long wavy curly hair, caramel-like skin, bright green eyes, and his body looks as he works out multiple times a day. In my head all I hear is "MATE, MATE, He is our mate." What our mate oh my.

"His name is Drayvon Night, and he is the Alpha. Joshua is his brother the Beta. I am his wife Female Beta Haisleigh Night. Will you tell us your name"? she asked so nicely she looked so nice, but I was afraid it was a trick. Wait did she say Alpha. Now I am more frightened than ever. I can't help but stare I want to say my name, but I can't I just can't trust anyone.

Drayvon POV

She was trembling and so scared. Her brown hair stuck to her face from the sweat. Her deep brown eyes boreholes in my mind. Erebus is pushing me to at least comfort her to not be scared. I sucked up my pride for none of us liked seeing her so scared of us whether I go forward with us being mates or not I am not evil and don't want her to be afraid of us. So, to Erebus's liking, I decided to show her I wouldn't hurt her.

"You don't have to tell us your name if you don't want to. If you'd prefer, we can just call you little lady". I tried to add humor to both Thanatos and Erebus didn't think it was anywhere need funny.

'Really funny'. Erebus spoke annoyed.

'Sarcasm noted'. Thanatos decided to pipe in not helping the situation.

'I am trying I could just ignore her'. They shut up immediately.

The girl slowly dropped the IV pole and held her hands to her throat. She was shaking her head no. apparently, Haisleigh understood.

"You can't speak, oh I am so sorry and here is this you can write to us".

Haisleigh handed her a clipboard and grabbed some paper out of the desk drawer along with a pen. The girl took the clipboard slowly and began writing. When she flipped it over it said, 'Hi sorry I am just a bit scared my name is Parklynn'. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't register at the time. When Joshua spoke up.

"Hi Parklynn, what's your last name"? He was questioning.

She lowered her head and shook her head.

"It is ok, you don't have to tell us right now. If it is okay, can I come back tomorrow with some clothes and get to know you and you know me". Haisleigh said so sweetly to her.

She wrote 'yes I would like that, nothing pink though please'. We couldn't help but giggle at the seriousness on her face with that statement. Haisleigh nodded and she smiled. Wow her smile took my breath she is beautiful. I mentally shook my head I can't do this I need to think about everything I have a whole pack depending on me to keep them safe and I can't jeopardize that. She was in a frightened state, and she was so sweet. I decided it was time for us to go for it was getting late.

"Well, Parklynn we are going to go to bed, you need your rest we will check in on you tomorrow. Get some sleep you will not be hurt here that I assure you". She looked right into my eyes and nodded hearing the truth behind the statement. As I was leaving the room with her standing by her bed I turned and gave her a reassuring smile. With that, I headed to my room I needed sleep as well it was a long day and was completely different from how I thought the night would turn out. I had some decisions to make and things to think over. I also needed her to make sure she was safe as well.