Cookies

"Why are you making cookies?" Harris asked, looking over Colette's shoulder.

"For karaoke at Julie's house tonight," Colette explained calmly, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as Harris' dark curls tickled her cheek.

"Am I invited?" He gave her his signature goofy smile as she moved to grab the chocolate chips. "Oooooo can I have some?" Harris aimed to grab a couple of the chocolates, only for Colette to side-step as she giggled.

"Only for the karaoke, you'll need to leave after it's done. The rest of the night will be a girls night."

Harris pouted, hugging Colette's waist from behind as he rested his chin on her soft brown hair, which had been lazily twisted into a braid. "That's not fair! I need my queen by me!"

He was right, a king was never complete without his queen.

Colette gasped dramatically as she turned on the mixer. "And you think I don't need my king?"

"I know you need me, but you can't leave me alone for that long!"

"It'll be okay Harry, you'll get me back in the morning." Colette hummed, watching the ingredients morph into a soft dough.

The oven beeped, letting the couple know it was ready to help with making their sweets.

Sunlight danced in the simple kitchen, providing the plants placed near the window energy to create the clean air Colette and Harris breathed.

The light bounced off the wooden-floor, hitting the glass measuring cup, creating a mini rainbow on the dough.

"Look! Our cookies are going to be magical!" Colette giggled, making Harris look down, chuckling at his queen's excitement.

"Your cookies are always magical," Harris muttered, grinning.

"Why thank you," Colette blushed.

Harris moved his head away, allowing Colette to wash her hands before she rolled batches of the dough into circles. Harris grabbed the tray and placed the parchment paper over it quickly, wanting to be useful somehow.

The two placed the tray into the oven together and while one was getting the timer ready, the other was setting up two cups of milk.

"We can only have a few, okay?" Colette informed, noticing her king's excitement.

"Better than nothing," Harris laughed, green eyes sparkling happily.

Getting on her tiptoes, Colette placed a soft kiss on his cheek, taking his hand and sitting with him on the couch.

Harris smiled fondly at her as she placed his arm around her neck and intertwined their fingers together. He cuddled closer to her, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

They stayed in the comfortable silence, not needing to share any words. The presence of the other was worth more than any words that could be spoken.

Only when the timer went off did the two separate for a couple of seconds. Only to quickly rejoice and hold the other's hand.

The sweet, soft aroma of the cookies filled the calm air. They let the cookies cool, only after their stomachs growled many times.

Once the rims of the cookies were crispy and the middle was cooler, they took four. Two for each of them.

"These truly are magical," Harris praised, dunking his cookie into the milk. "Just like the lady who made it."

"Why thank you," Colette smiled, as she stretched her hand out to feed Harris, who took the cookie happily.

"And it tastes even better when you feed me!"

Her sweet laughter filled the air, and she shook her head jokingly.

Harris gently turned her head up, carefully wiping away the crumbs that laid at the corners of her mouth, earning another heartwarming smile from the honey-eyed girl.

"I love it when you smile," he whispered, smiling as well. "It always makes the butterflies in my stomach soar- despite all the time we've been together."

Colette walked over to sit beside him, cupping his cheek. "Hearing your voice makes my heart beat faster, I know how it feels." She mumbled, tilting her head as if to see his beautiful features better. An action that never failed to make the blood rush to his cheeks.

A comfortable silence fell in between them, and the two continued to finish their cookies before going to clean up together.

But of course, it ended up with a water fight while they washed the dishes.