Ballroom Beckoning

In a dim, candlelit ballroom, music could be heard with the swishing of fabrics and clacks of heels. Standing near the table of refreshments stood Selia Sorin and Idan Emmet, the two seemingly in a conversation as the sweet, red liquid in their cups would spin in circles before being tipped up to meet their lips.

"Listen, Maxmillian will be here soon, so listen to my words—"

The creak of the oakwood doors opening interrupted the flow of Selia's words, her thoughts all disappearing when a man walked in. He didn't stop to look at the people staring at his wide shoulders and dark hair that he had styled back, but instead kept his eyes on the messy-haired man that stood next to his old partner.

"Don't think because she's away from me that I will forget about her," he hissed, a firm grip on Idan's collar. His honey eyes turned into a shade of burning gold, his hold on the green-eyed man tightening. "If I see a single scratch - a single piece of hair out of place - I will personally make sure that you become the ground she walks on, you arrogant bastard."

"Maxmillian," Selia's tone was warning him. "End it. This isn't a place for you to threaten Idan."

A cocky smirk tugged at the corners of Idan's lips, as his choking subsided when Max let go of his collar. "Listen to your little darling, Maxmillan, or else you'll be the one leaving with more than a little scratch."

"Idan!" Selia glared at him, not missing how her heartache became overpowering at the mention of being Maxmillian's 'darling'. Although, she also didn't miss the provocative look in his eyes, as if he was daring Maxmillian to stay true to his threat. "Stop. You two act like children. Get out before you cause more of a necessary ruckus."

Maxmillian chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "Of course my love, I would never listen to a so-called 'man' who doesn't have respect for himself." He studied Idan again, a look of distaste mixed with amusement revealed itself in his eyes. Was this really the man they had made Selia work with instead of himself? He wondered, before drawling out his next few words, clearly and strongly. "I hurt whoever hurts what belongs to me. Don't forget that."

"Was that a threat?" Idan's eyes widened as he scoffed.

"Just a piece of information. Don't think I would spend my time here giving you threats without performing them." Maxmillian's lips quirked upwards. "Not everything is about you, insecure little brat."

Without another word, nor a glance towards either of them, Maxmillian's figure could be seen leaving.

The music that had paused by his sudden entrance began playing again, along with the cue of gossip and murmurs as the guests tried to solve the mystery of what had taken place, to figure out what happened.