Chapter 1

(Soul's POV)

It was the end of the day, but my meister was nowhere to be found. "I swear, she didn't attend class this afternoon." This was extremely unusual. I mean, Maka has never skipped a class before, so I was shocked when I walk in and she was not in her usual place. Now where would she be? I wanted to continue my search for her, so I headed back to our apartment. I opened the door and was greeted by Blair shoving her giant breasts in my face. "Hey, Soul! I was just thinking of taking a bath, and I was wondering if you would like to join me," she said with a suggestive grin on her face. "Uh, no thanks, Blair," I said, wiping any blood coming from my nose. "By the way have you seen Maka anywhere? I couldn't find her, so I came to check the house. But, I don't see her."

"Hmm... Maybe she's still at school?" She said, putting her hand up to her chin. "I guess I'll have one more look around." I exited out the door, and headed back in the direction of the school. This was one of those times when I wish I was a meister, as it would be extremely useful to sense Maka's soul at this moment. I sighed, knowing that its still cool that I'm a weapon, and a death scythe at that. Everything just seemed so incomplete without Maka. If she hadn't picked me as her partner, I don't think I'd ever have become a death scythe. She means so much to me, but to be honest, she doesn't seem to show a lot of interest in me. I think she sees me as just another one of her friends, like Black Star or Tsubaki. It's kind of hard to believe that she hasn't really recognized that I have true feelings for her. However, there is one thing I have recognized. She likes to hang out with Death the Kid a lot, and she talks about him almost everyday. Maybe... Maybe she has feelings for him? No... No. T-that can't be right. She couldn't! his obsession with symmetry could drive any girl away faster than you can say, "Death the Kid." Yet, it doesn't seem impossible to like him. He looks like a badass 24/7, and both of his weapons are guns, which in my opinion are much cooler than scythes or swords. He can ride a skateboard, but I can ride a motorcycle, so yeah. He's also pretty smart from what I can tell, you know, if you don't mind his constant babbling about how his "K" doesn't look symmetrical. I... guess I can understand why Maka would like him, but no... No! I will definitely make her like me, even if it ends up killing me!

My thoughts were then interrupted by the sound of panting and footsteps coming in my direction. I shifted my eyes up to see Liz and Patty running towards me. "Soul!" Liz shouted. "Hey you two. What's up? You both look like you just ran a marathon."

"Have you seen Kid anywhere?" Liz coughed. "We've been looking for him for hours now, but we can't find him!"

"No, I haven't seen him. By any chance, have either of you seen Maka around? She wasn't at last period today."

"Kid wasn't in class either." At that moment, something in my head sparked. Maka and Kid both skipping last period. They couldn't be on a mission, or they would have us with them. So... What could they be...? Only two words came to my head:

Oh no