Chapter: 5

(Maka's P.O.V.)

        I tried picking Soul up, but to no avail. "Please... C'mon..." I tried again, but his limp body wouldn't budge. "You need help?" I turned around to see who it was. It was Kid. "Oh, thank God! Please, Kid, please help me!" He tilted his head down to look at Soul's body, yet his emotionless expression didn't change. Instead, he just picked Soul up, and then he hoisted him over his shoulder. "Let's go," and with that, he was off.

==TIME SKIP==

        I barged through the hospital doors, and Kid a second later. "Please! We need help!" A doctor ran up to us, and asked us what the situation was. I pointed towards Soul's bleeding body; blood was all over Kid's shoulder, yet he was unfazed. "I understand. We will begin operating on him immediately."

"Oh *pant* thank you. *pant* Please *pant* make *pant* sure *pant* he's *pant* all-." I fell over, and my vision blurred, and then faded to white.

_________________________________________________________________________________

        I awoke in a hospital bed, and my head hurt like hell. "What happened?" I laid back against the pillow trying to recall everything that happened previously. "I walked to an alleyway, and saw..." 

        Soul! That's what happened! I have to go check on him! I tried to stand up, but only ended up falling flat on my face. I tried to stand up, but only ended up loosing my balance and falling over once more. "Goddammit! Why am I like this?" Just then, a nurse ran in, and put me back on the bed. "Please stay put for the time being. You passed out, and you should rest."

"I can't!" I yelled at her. "I... Have to check... On Soul." My breathing was only growing heavier with each word I spoke. I could, however, sense how she felt. She helped me into a wheelchair, and took me toward Soul's room.

"What happened to me anyway?" I asked. This was something I had never experienced before. "We... Aren't very sure ourselves. We are trying to figure out, though. Until we have more information, we advise that you rest, and that you don't go anywhere." I couln't do that! I'm a meister, and Lord Death knows what would happen if I don't do what I'm told. "Please don't worry. I'm pretty sure the school will allow you a few days of rest." 

"You're right. Sorry."

        We arrived at Soul's room, and, I must admit, I'm extremely nervous. Hopefully he's awake, and I want to ask him exactly what happened. Who could've done that to him? Whoever it was, they must've hated his guts. "Are you ready?" The nurse asked me. I snapped back to reality, "Uh, yes."

"Alright," and with that she opened the door to Soul's room. He was lying on the bed, sleeping soundly. I smiled at him. He looked so peaceful when he slept, and I'm surprised I never noticed this before, considering how much he slept in class. "I'll leave you two alone," and the nurse left the room.

I sat there next to him. Thank God he's alive, and the wound looked serious. I let out a large sigh of relief, and proceeded to rest my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, which calmed me. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and land on him. I lifted my head up and looked at his face. I wiped my tears away, and slowly brought my face up to him. I brought myself close to him, leaned over, and planted a small kiss on his forehead.

"God, I really love him..." And I slowly drifted to sleep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to screams and howls of pain. My head shot up, and I focused my attention on Soul. He was writhing in the bed, yelling his lungs out.

What's going on?!