Chapter: 3

(Maka's P.O.V.)

        Soul...

        Why was he there, and why at a time like this? I saw Liz's head pop up after Soul's, and she began to run after him. Soul, however, didn't stop, much less slow down. "Kid, I've got to go after Soul. I'll... Talk to you later, okay?" I said trying to smile, but it was obvious that it was fake. "Huh? Oh, y-yeah sure. Do what you must." My fake smile faded, and as much as I wanted to console him, I needed to check up on Soul. Maybe he was worried about me? Ugh, I'm such an idiot! I should have told him that Kid and I were going to talk! Right! There was no time to think right now. I have to find Soul, but... Where would he run to? I... Guess I'll start by checking the house. 

        I ran out the doors, "Soul! Where are you!?" I ran down the awfully long staircase, and down to the main streets of Death City. "Soul! Please, answer me!" All though the streets of Death City are anything but safe, I know I can defend myself. I'd just be, you know, more effective to fend of kishin with a scythe like Soul or something like that, but maybe that's just me *sarcasm*. I ran through alleyways, took "short cuts", and finally found my way to the house. I barged through the doors, and yelled, "Soul 'Eater' Evans! Where are you?!"

        "He was just here," I heard a weird, somewhat sexual, voice say behind me. "Where is he now?" I said turning my body to face her. "Well, he said he was out looking for you. Don't know why he'd want to look for a board like you, but teenagers are weird." I got hot-headed at the "board" adjective, but I forced myself to look past it. "Alright. Thanks... I guess." I ran out the door, and began searching for my partner yet again. Where could he be?

==SWITCH==

        (Soul's P.O.V.)

        God damn it... GOD DAMN IT ALL! Why... Did that actually just happen? Was I really just watching as Death the Kid confessed to my meister, Maka Albarn? And... DID SHE SAY YES?!

        I grabbed my head and tried to shake the thoughts out, but they wouldn't go away! Why... Why was this all happening?! "Soul! Stop running! Please! It probably wasn't what it looked like!" I stopped running and turned toward them, "NO! BOTH OF YOU JUST, SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yelled my lungs out. "I... Just... Can't... Do this." I fell on my hands and knees. My vision got blurry, and a tear fell from my face onto the pavement. This was so not cool, Maka... Liz walked over and went to grab my shoulder. I slapped her hand away, "Don't fucking touch me. Just... Leave me alone." I didn't see it happen, but the two sisters left.

        The pavement, was soon flooded with my own tears. I've never been this upset in my entire life, and it's all thanks to you, Maka Albarn...