Chapter 13

Meredith's closing statements: 

You probably want to here that being in love has made me a better person, a person who mingles and is pleasant to all of my coworkers. Well I'm going to tell you right now that it hasn't. I'm still hated by everyone except the one person who matters. I even have a cool new nickname that my residents call me, 'Medusa.' The terrifying Greek monster that can turn someone to stone by just one look.  And yes, I have residents. I am now one of the top neurosurgeons in the United States, known for the life changing clinical trials I have done along side my husband Dr. Derek Shepherd. 

He had kept his word. The second he decided he wanted to marry again, I was the first one informed. He informed me by interrupting me as I was yelling at a useless intern. I believe the scene went like:

I was standing in front of terrified quivering intern, "I have no idea how you even graduated high school, not to mention got into this program, but I can only assume it was a string of unfortunate accidents. But just so you know, you are a useless piece of-" I was interrupted by a hand grabbing my shoulder, forcing me to turn around. Then I saw him. In the middle of the ER, kneeling with a ring "Will you marry me?"

I turned to the intern and continued "Useless piece of garbage." Then I turned back to Derek and said "Yes!" And he slipped the rind onto my finger.

I met his family shortly after we got engaged. Oddly enough, none of his sisters or mother liked me. Which was to be assumed. I was a little nervous how Derek would take his family disliking me so much but it honestly overjoyed him. He said that now he had a good excuse not to visit them. 

We got married in Ireland a few months later. No one was invited. It was just us, a few necessary witnesses and oddly enough a priest. Derek was taken aback by the fact that I was okay being married by a Catholic clergy member, but I explained that I liked the vibe of the medieval Catholic Church lore. 

We have spent the rest of our time together alone and in love. Still spending just about every minute of our days and nights together. We obviously still fight and have our issues but we always make it back to each other.  I almost enjoy fighting with him now, because every time we get into an argument, it sends the whole hospital into a frenzy. It seems we can be quite mean when we are in mad moods. 

Neither of us wanted children so we never had any. At one point I was debating it because I heard a resident making a quip about how if I was unpleasant now, just imagine me when I am pregnant. But then the idea of having a screaming child or an obnoxious teenage deterred us from the idea. 

Derek and I have good lives. Both of us have all that we ever wanted and more. The polaroids that were once hanging in Derek's locker are now in frames in his office, along side a few added pictures. 

Derek's closing statements: 

When someone asks me, 'How do you know you are in love?' I always have an answer. You can hear it in the silence, you can feel it on the way home, you can see it with the lights out, you are in love, true love.

One look, dark room
Meant just for you
Time moved too fast
You play it back
Buttons on a coat
Light-hearted joke
No proof, not much
But you saw enough
Small talk, he drives
Coffee at midnight
The light reflects
The chain on your neck
He says, "Look up"
And your shoulders brush
No proof, one touch
But you felt enough
You can hear it in the silence, silence, you
You can feel it on the way home, way home, you
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love
Morning, his place
Burnt toast, Sunday
You keep his shirt
He keeps his word
And for once, you let go
Of your fears and your ghosts
One step, not much
But it said enough
You kiss on sidewalks
You fight and you talk
One night he wakes
Strange look on his face
Pauses, then says
You're my best friend
And you knew what it was
He is in love
You can hear it in the silence, silence, you
You can feel it on the way home, way home, you
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
And so it goes
You two are dancing in a snow globe, 'round and 'round
And he keeps the picture of you in his office downtown
And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life tryin' to put it into words
'Cause you can hear in the silence
You can feel it on the way home
You can see it with the lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love
You can hear it in the silence, silence, you
You can feel it on the way home, way home, you
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love
You can hear it in the silence, silence, you
You can feel it on the way home, way home, you
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love

Thank you guys so much for reading this! I hope you liked the ending. Please vote and comment, I live a very boring life and your comments keep me entertained. 

So I have been thinking up some ideas for my next story and was wondering if you guys can tell me if these are something you would like to read. They are both supposed to be mildly questionable and dark.

So for the first one, after Addison cheated on Derek, he left her and was in a really dark place. So he became one of those creepy dudes that sits at the back of strip club and does work. A strip club that Meredith works at to pay for medical school after her mother cut her off. (her stripper name is lavender in case any of you were wondering) And they start to get along, it became a weekly tradition for meredith to sit with Derek as he explains his work to her and Meredith does was strippers do, neither of them knowing each other's real names. Then after she graduates she moves to seattle, while Derek is also offered the head of neuro at seattle grace. So they have to work together with their awkward relationship.

And the second one, it starts with Meredith being ten and derek being like twenty five. (yes i know this is kinda creepy, but i swear there is nothing romantic between them until she is at least twenty and Derek has no intention of it ever being romantic) So he is an intern at the hospital, and lives sorta close to Meredith. When Meredith's mom would leave her home alone, she would go over to Derek's house, where he and Addison, his girlfriend, would hang out with her and give her real food. Meredith grows up being very close to both of them, then suddenly when she is in med school, her relationship with Derek starts to change, and they both feel horrible about it because of Addison, who they both love. 

Okay, let me know! i have another idea but its not quite as fleshed out.