Chapter 4

Qui-Gon resisted the urge to sigh as he felt something through the Force, 'What has he been doing now?' He wondered, trying not to show how anxious he was.

It was bad enough, making sense of one anomaly in the force, now he had another: Anakin Skywalker, a Tattooine slave that the Jedi could clearly sense had the Force within him to a great degree. The child had offered them shelter at his dwelling with his mother. Hence how the trio ended up staying the night in a slave's home.

Interesting events just kept on coming during this mission: Trade Federation rebellion, clumsy Gungans, unconventional/helpful Sith Lords and now a Force-sensitive they just happen to come across? The galaxy isn't supposed to be that small of a place.

"Qui-Gon Jinn?" Shmi Skywalker called, looking just a bit uneasy as she poked her head around the corner.

"Yes?" He asked politely from where he sat.

"There's...someone here to see you," She commented, eyes tracing back to the door repeatedly, as if pleading him to go to it.

Qui-Gon blinked as he straightened up, 'What? When...How did he...?' He wondered in confusion as he headed to the door, letting it slide up and permit a gust of wind and sand in.

Or at least, it would have, if the Sith Lord wasn't holding up his arm to create a Force-shield against the sandstorm, protecting himself and the door, "Do not look so surprised, Jedi. Unlike your Padawan, it doesn't suit you," Vader commented evenly, shifting a bag held over his shoulder by his free arm.

"You...feel farther away," Qui-Gon noted cautiously, raising an eyebrow at him.

Vader nodded in understanding, "A brief trick, making my Force-presence linger elsewhere for a short time, giving the illusion I have not moved. Our "friend" seems so fixated on me that he has either forgotten about you entirely for the moment, or simply cannot bring himself to focus in on any other presence. I thought it best not to give him an impression of where you might be, on the far chance he has a moment of clarity," The Sith Lord explained as he brought the bag off his back and handed it to the Jedi Master.

"What is-This?" Qui-Gon asked curiously, a bit surprised by the weight. Cyborg limbs had their advantages, apparently.

"I was unable to find the proper items for a replacement, but I...happened into the possession of certain objects I felt it would be a waste to part with," Vader elaborated vaguely.

The Jedi raised an eyebrow before looking in the bag. He almost dropped it as he looked back up at the Sith in surprise, "Vader, what did you do?" He asked suspiciously.

Vader pondered the best answer for that...

Flashback Montage

"Do you have anything to pay for this?" A grumpy human vendor asked dryly, bravely unimpressed by Vader's intimidating appearance.

Vader was about to comment when a Devaronian just barely bumped into him, yelling over his shoulder, "Watch it!"

The Sith Lord glanced at the horned pick-pocket with almost palpable annoyance before said thief suddenly found themself stumbling into a large Gamorrean, causing the boar-like being to spill its food. The swine-ish biped looked down at his sand-covered snack, flaring his nostrils as he looked up with a low and fang-filled snarl. The Devaronian had all of two seconds to look terrified before his face met a meaty fist, sending him into an Aqualish, who ended up accidentally knocking over an entire stand. Within second, it devolved into a street brawl with several other bystanders.