Newbies

Ben's POV

"My guy" Mason met me in the car park at cobham. It was my first day at the Chelsea training ground since transferring from Leicester.

"How are you bro?" I accepted his hug.

"Welcome to Chelsea man" he smiled. "Let me show you around" he added.

I locked my car after I grabbed my bags and followed Mase into the training ground. He showed me the changing rooms and the pitch. Everyone we walked pass I made a point of introducing myself too - and it seemed like everyone already knew who I was.

"And Ben, this is our chill out zone" Mason explained to me. "This is where the physio happens and in-between training sessions we hang out"

"It's mental here" I looked around at the various beds, beanbags and TVs that had Xbox's connected to them.

"And here is the real Chelsea Dagger herself, Jaymie, meet Ben" Mason pointed towards a dark haired tattooed girl. "If you got a problem, she'll sort you out in no time"

"I'll have to remember that huh?" I winked.

"Newbies go straight to the back of the line" she quickly glanced into my eyes, her dark green almost hazel eyes met mine.

"She's a tough cookie, that's why she's the real Chelsea dagger" Mason nudged her in her side.

I went into the changing rooms and changed into my new kit with the number 21 on the back. The kit man handed me my new boots which I needed to try and wear in before the season actually started.

"What do you think?" I walked into what Mason called the chill out room. I did a spin whilst flexing my arm muscles.

"Come on" Mason laughed.

"Bro looking good" Billy added.

"Ben" the manager Frank walked into the room. "Welcome to Chelsea"

"Thanks boss" I smiled. "Everything is amazing here" I added.

"Your an amazing player" he said. "And amazing players deserve amazing facilities"

"I can't wait to get on the pitch" I said.

"Well unfortunately today is fitness testing, so no football" Frank patted me on the back.

"Wow what a day to start on" Jaymie spoke up.

"Don't you start Jaymie" Frank laughed. "You know you'll have your work cut out tomorrow"

"Just because all the guys are such babies" she rolled her eyes. "I'm sure they just like to exaggerate how sore they actually feel"

"Jaymie isn't always this moody" Frank said.

"She does warm up after you get to know her" Tammy pulled her into a hug.

"Your gross" Jaymie pretended to throw up. "The guys are only nice to me because they don't want Richard rubbing their legs" she looked over to another man who seemed in his 50s and was slightly overweight.

"Right boys" Frank interrupted "let's get going on the fitness tests" he clapped. With no much enthusiasm everyone got up and followed Frank outside. Jaymie seemed to follow behind with a notepad, she was in conversation with Azpi and Jorginho.

"Frank was right" Mason said. "Jaymie just isn't the warmest towards new people"

"I get that" I said. "It's strange that a girl so young has such a good position at Chelsea?" I said more as a question.

"She's been here since she was 16" Mason laughed. "She literally started a part time job just mopping the floors around here and basically forced herself up the career ladder"