cigarettes and Dior

Jaymies POV

I sat on my sofa staring at my phone. Friday night alone isn't really my idea of fun.

"Hey" I picked the phone up.

"Do you want to maybe go on a second date?" Ben asked me.

"When?"

"Now?"

"I'm in my pyjamas"

"Then go get ready" he said "I'll see you in an hour"

Ben obviously does not know how long it takes for a girl to get ready. An hour is not long enough at all. To save time I threw my hair up into a bun before I sat on the floor infront of my mirror to do my make up. I brushed my eyelash extensions and then filled my my eyebrows and doing a simple make up look and finishing it with a dark nude coloured lipstick.

I realised I didn't even know what or where FB we were going on this date so when I opened my wardrobe I panicked. After 10 minutes of blankly staring at my open wardrobe, I decided to play it safe with a pair of light blue denim jeans and a halter neck black vest.

"5 minutes to spare, go on girl" I laughed in the mirror, flattening out my top which showed off my tattooed skin.

From: Benjamin

I'm outside darling x

I read the text message in his voice in my head. My heart fluttering ever so slightly at the word darling.

I put my keys into my bag and put on a pair of white converse and grabbed a leather jacket before jogging down the couple flights of stairs to meet Ben.

"I found this cute little restaurant around the corner , I was thinking we could go there" Ben suggested as we began walking.

"Sounds good" I smiled , feeling immediately comfortable in his presence.

"Caio bella!" I was greeted at the door of the restaurant.

"I have a table booked, the names Ben" Ben smiled.

"You didn't book it under Benjamin?" I joked.

"Naa, because that ain't my name" he rolled his eyes.

The waiter showed us to our table which was a little booth in the corner. Ben took no time in ordering both of us a cocktail each and some garlic bread to share.

"I don't think I mentioned how lovely you look" Ben smiled.

"You don't take me as a guy who like tattoos?"

"You don't take me as a girl who likes footballers?"

"Right" I awkwardly laughed.

@jaymiecarter: can you believe im out on a Friday night?

Bens POV

"So, what are you thinking?" I asked

"I'm thinking , should I of got a starter and main or main and dessert" jaymie replied.

"I was talking about us"

"Oh" she gulped "well , maybe I fancy you"

"Maybe?"

"You know what I'm trying to say" she didn't look me in the eye but instead used straw of her cocktail to stir it. "What do you think?"

"You know I fancy the pants of you"

"And you know that I don't trust you footballers"

"Then why are you here?" I asked. Annoyed at the fact that I'm trying so hard with Jaymie but she won't give me anything back.

"You want a truthful answer?"

"That would help" I half laughed.

"There is something different about you Benjamin. Something I can't put my finger on. When I look at you , I feel safe and secure" she huffed "but I've never wanted to feel that way"

"What do you mean?"

"I've never relied on anyone since my dad died , like what when I was 16?" She said "nothing positive ever comes from relying on people anyway - just disappointment"

"I can promise you that I will never let you down" I took her hand into mine. "Why else do you think I'm putting in so much effort?"

She didn't have an answer for me. She knew I was right but was too scared to just let her walls down and let me in.

"I'll walk you back go your place" I smiled.

The way back to Jaymies apartment was filled with accidental hand touches which caused us to both awkwardly laugh. I'm still shocked that I am seeing this gentle side to Jaymie, considering what all the guys say about her.

After walking up 3 flights of stairs and Jaymie giving me a lecture on how I need to keep sneaking into a number 9 or 10 position if I want to score more goals. We arrived at her black front door with the number 32 on it.

"Here I am" she smiled. "Thanks again , for a lovely evening"

"No problem at all" I smiled back. I wanted to kiss her so badly , but I didn't know if that would be a good idea or not.

Considering I am a footballer, I have kissed plenty of women in my lifetime and I have never ever had a problem. But stood here infront of Jaymie I have gone blank.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, leaning forward as well until you could feel her breath against my lips. I hovered there for a moment taking in the pounding of my heart and how she smelt of cigarettes and Dior.

Then I brushed my lips against hers.

The only things I could concentrate on were the butterflies attacking each other in my stomach and just how soft Jaymies's lips were pressing against mine. Our noses brushed together, the cold of her metal nose ring sending a shiver down my spine.

This kiss quickly intensified I tangled my fingers into your hair, making her move forwards and kiss me back. My lips quivered into a happy smile as I moved over hers again.

Our lips finally disconnected and we remained stood in the same spots, avoiding eye contact like 2 school kids who kissed behind the bins in the playground.

"I liked that" I blurted out, not the coolest of statements.

"Shut up" she laughed and kissed me one last time.

"Goodnight" I smiled.

"Fuck you" she winked and walked into her apartment.

I guess she really can't let her walls down for longer than 10 minutes at a time.