𝟬𝟯𝟬 the butterfly effect

chapter thirtythe butterfly effect

chapter thirty
the butterfly effect

$$

         Like a butterfly that beats its wings in one corner of the globe and with that single minuscule action changes the weather halfway across the world, Izzy knew the power of a single decision

        She'd made a decision back there at the dock. She made the decision to give up her name, everything. And she didn't regret it one bit.

         That decision had led her here—Charleston.

         It had been months now. Months since she said goodbye to John B. Months since Shoupe and who knew how many other cops had led them to a large tent where they were forced to wait for their parents' arrivals while the storm that had slowly been accumulating throughout the day ragged on. Months since Izzy Windsor had begun to wonder just how much hope she could hold on to.

         None of them had been charged for anything for helping John B escape, which should've put Izzy at ease, but it had only made her more anxious. She still remembered the fear splitting through her the moment she had been informed that Sarah Cameron had found her way onto the boat along with John B. Sarah had followed him out there.

         It had been months since then. Months since Izzy realized two of her friends had both been caught in the storm that raged that very night.

          Izzy remembered she had tried to ground herself to reality but she kept on thinking of different scenarios, wondering what would become of her friends. Death seeped back in, tainting her hope.

         Death always had a way of doing that.

        It still did.

        Even months later.

        Because death . . . death had revisited her that night as well.

         It had been months.