EPILOGUE

epiloguehope is the thing with feathers

epilogue
hope is the thing with feathers

$$

MONTHS LATERTHE BEACH,OUTER BANKS

MONTHS LATER
THE BEACH,
OUTER BANKS

          Isadora Windsor (or rather Isadora Davenport now) used to like to believe she didn't need anyone. It was an old state of mind which she adopted when she was young, but it stuck with her throughout her teenage years. She had since abandoned that notion since the start of the summer, and replaced it with a new one, one that brought her comfort instead of pain.

         Pain, of course, was still everpresent.

         After the events of the storm, there had been no sign of Sarah Cameron and John B Routledge. Everyone was left to think they had died in the eye of the storm. But not Izzy.

         Izzy held on to hope.

         It was all she had left, and she wouldn't let fear take that from her. Even now, on one of the many weekends that she had driven up to the Outer Banks to visit JJ and the others, she still had hope. Everything would be okay. She tried to remind JJ of that too, but he was a little harder to get to, especially with his dwindling theories of where John B and Sarah had ended up. Izzy was beginning to think he'd given up hope, so she tried to keep his mind off it as much as possible.

         And today? Izzy had planned a beach date for the two of them. It worked every time. As soon as JJ was in the water, he was at peace.

         Currently, the pair were wrapped in each other's arms, just floating in the water without a thought on their minds. Now . . . yes, Izzy used to be terrified of water. Used to.

          Izzy Davenport had never been afraid of the water. She had been afraid of death. But now . . . she had conquered her fear, and the water had never felt so cool. It was like finally being able to breath again.

          It was bliss.

         Izzy smiled into JJ's kiss as these thoughts revisited her. It was bliss. No, no, this was. He was.