𝟬𝟭𝟱 izzy windsor is like the sun

chapter fifteenizzy windsor is like the sun

chapter fifteen
izzy windsor is like the sun

$$

         Sometimes Izzy thought she was like the sun

         Sometimes Izzy thought she was like the sun. Maybe it was just the part of her that liked to romanticize her life. Because she did. Glamorize her life, she meant. Not in the way you'd think though. She didn't expect people to be rolling out red carpets for her every time she decided to leave her estate (and she didn't fucking want that). She just looked at her life like she was the sun, and everyone else was orbiting around her. But she knew it wasn't all that. She lived in the middle of nowhere in blazing hot North Carolina with a dead mother and an absent father on her hands. There was nothing glamorous about that, and there was no beautiful way to describe how lonely it all made her feel.

          And as the night bled into the day, she was reminded of that loneliness.

          The hours had passed, and the sun had almost been swallowed by the moon, leaving the three girls to sit on the edge of the boat, their feet dangling as they waited for the boys to arrive. They had been waiting all day, and their patience was slowly draining, but they didn't mind it too much. They had each other and that was enough to pass the time quickly. The other two girls hadn't even noticed that the sun had begun to set. But Izzy had.

          Izzy kept her eyes trained on the setting sun, and memorized the colors of orange and red painting the sky. It helped ease her thoughts and nurse the feeling of being alone. And, yeah, she knew she wasn't alone. Not anymore. She was trying to remember that. She had Sarah, and she now knew the girl didn't just stay with her because of her dead mother. She had stayed because she wanted to, and that made Izzy warm. And now she finally had Kiara back.

          She had her stars back, and she felt like the sun in the purest sense. She felt warm, not lonely. She felt like the sun in the sense that she had a purpose . . . like she mattered. It was nice to feel wanted by people who cared.

          A smile lifted onto her lips as those thoughts eroded the feeling of loneliness eating away at her slowly healing heart. But then she saw him, and her smile faltered.