𝟬𝟬𝟳 the pogue leading the princess

chapter seventhe pogue leading the princess

chapter seven
the pogue leading the princess

$$

          There were a few things Izzy missed

          There were a few things Izzy missed. She missed standing in the rain as the water droplets pelted her skin, making her feel alive. She missed dressing up in her mom's clothes and having fashion shows with the girls she used to call her friends. And she missed when she'd laugh so hard, lines appeared around her mouth and her stomach would ache. But she did not miss JJ Maybank and his arrogant smirk when he thought he was in the right.

          As Izzy leaned on the doorframe of the front door with her arms crossed over her chest, she watched the blond boy mess with the trinkets (she had no idea what they were called) under the hood of the car. Normally, she hated men trying to prove to her that she needed them because honestly fuck that, but truthfully, she had no idea how to fix a car. It still pissed her off that she had to ask a man for help. But that wasn't what she was focusing on. What had her attention was the slightest hint of a smirk tugging at JJ's lips as he worked on her car. That got her blood boiling.

          It pissed her off that JJ thought he knew her. He thought just because they used to hang out when they were thirteen that he knew who she was at that very moment.

          News flash: JJ Maybank didn't know anything about Isadora Windsor.

          After Luke Maybank was fired from the Windsor staff, Izzy only thought of JJ in one way . . . and it wasn't the most pleasant of thoughts. Quite frankly, she thought he was an idiot and a bit of an asshole. She thought he self-sabotaged himself more than he would like to admit. He was always acting first, never thinking later. It was always strike first with him. He never gave himself a chance, and that was what bothered her, because she used to think he could do anything he set his mind to. She remembered he had learned how to surf quicker than anyone his age, because he was always watching, always learning, quietly and stealthily. She didn't know many people who learned that fast. But he was JJ Maybank. He had ambition and motives . . . if only he would just give himself a chance.