ch.1 14 Years

■Y/N's POV■

The right side of my body feels constant warmth until an hour ago as I sit next to the window on this particular sunny day. I close the book I'm currently reading, along with my notebook, and tidy my stuff on the table.

Hanami: ah, I'm craving a bowl of warm Udon... my brain needs to refill its energy after thinking for too long. 

I laugh a little at my friend as she complains after three hours of studying here in the campus library. I put my stuff in my bag and get up, taking the books I was reading to do my project, planning to take them along with me.

Y/N: haha, okay, let's stop by the store near our apartment...

Hanami gets up and fixes the seat, taking her bag and returning the books she read earlier to where they were.

Y/N: are you done with your project? don't need to borrow one of these books to take home?

Hanami puts the last book she holds on the sleeve and looks at me. She stares at the two books I'm holding.

Hanami: it is I who suppose to ask you, are you really gonna bring those books home? after staring at them for three hours? I pity your eyes my dear bestie...

I can only laugh at her remarks, Hanami likes to joke around sometimes. She's funny in her own way. Hanami and I have been friends for five years now. We were chair mates for three years back in high school and we became best friends and entered the same University.

We now too live together in an apartment not too far from campus. Himitsu Kouji, Hanami's boyfriend also lives in the same building with his friend Uehara Ritou.

As we're walking to the reception, Hanami starts a conversation that always made me flustered.

Hanami: so, still not planning on confessing to Ritou?

At the mention of his name, my face grew warm.

Y/N: H-Hanami stop saying that... I just admire him...

Hanami: Kouji and I could literally hook you u-

Y/N: shuush, you can wait outside, I'll talk with the librarian.

As I walk away from her, I can hear that she laughs a little.

I approach one of the librarians, place the notebook I'm holding on the counter, and hand the books I'm borrowing to the librarian. 

Y/N: excuse me, I want to borrow these books, please...

Librarian: alright, please give me a minute...

As I'm waiting, I can feel another presence next to me. Two boys talk to the other librarian probably borrowing the books they're holding as well. I look away and stop my gaze at Hanami who's waiting near the exit while looking at her phone.

Librarian: here you go... please return it in seven days, or you can extend it before the last day...

Y/N: ah yes, thank you very much.

I put the books inside my bag that's almost full, and then grab my notebook on the counter before heading to where Hanami is. The two of us walk out of the librarian as I'm still trying to fit my notebook inside my bag.

Hanami: you need a bigger bag, or need to bring a tote bag you know...

Y/N: I know, I left my tote bag in the kitchen this morning...

Just then.

Hanami: wait Y/N... when did you put those stickers? 

huh? what stickers?