Ch.2 Lunch Buddy

■Y/N's POV■

The sun is up in the sky, it's a warm day. Hanami and I walk out of our faculty building.

Hanami: so you're going to meet that childhood friend of yours? Then I'll go buy our groceries...

Y/N: I'm sorry Hanami, though we can do it together though later in the evening...

Hanami smiles at me and flicks my forehead.

Hanami: relax, I can go with Kouji... it's nice to go in a grocery date once in a while..

I can't help but laugh at her jokes. Hanami waves her hand at me as she leaves the campus ground.

I head to a bench under the tree not far from the campus gate. I pull my phone out of my bag and look at the text from Goshiki.

Sender: Goshiki Tsutomu
Recipient: L/N Y/N

Okay, let's meet near the gate. I'll be out of class around the same time as you.

Yesterday I met my old friend from kindergarten. It's been so long since the last time I saw him and I didn't recognize him at first.

Goshiki was so small and cute back then, but then suddenly appearing in front of all built and tall, of course I can't recognize him right away.

Y/N: Goshiki has a good memory... he remembers me... or maybe I didn't change a lot since I was a kid?

I look on my front camera and look at my face. I'm pretty sure there are some changes in me though. Just then

Goshiki: L/N...

I see Goshiki runs my way and stop next to me. I put my phone back in my bag and stands up.

Goshiki: sorry, suddenly there's a test... cruel lecturer...

Goshiki looks annoyed and sighs, I can see that he's tired but not from running.

Y/N: ahaha, it's okay, I've just finished my class not too long ago... so shall we go now?

Goshiki: ah yes, there's a nice Japanese restaurant, their boiled seasoned flounder is really good... wanna try that?

Y/N: okay, let's go there then...

Goshiki leads the way as we head to the restaurant he told me earlier. After walking for about fifteen minutes, we stopped in front of a traditional house.

Goshiki slides the door open and we both walked in and I can feel the humble atmosphere inside.

Goshiki: O-san! Good afternoon

The man behind the counter who's probably in his 50s look at us.

Yuhei: oooh, Tsutomu... you bring someone with you...

I bows my head as our eyes met.

Goshiki: ah she's an old friend of mine... L/N Y/N... L/N this is Yuhei san, the owner...

Y/N: good afternoon, nice to meet you I'm L/N Y/N...

Yuhei san look at me and nods his head.

Yuhei: finally yu have a girlfriend, and you got a cute one Tsutomu...

I could feel my face warmed by him mistaking me as Goshiki's girlfriend.

Goshiki: O-O-San! I told you she's a friend of mine... we've just met again...

Yuhei: ah, my bad... you guys looks cute... well then have a seat youngster

Goshiki leads me to the table near the window.