Turnabout Thinker

(Bold are thoughts and | are for what is added or updated in the courtroom record)

It had been about four years since Phoenix was accused and acquitted for the murder of Doug Swallow.

His mental health only just gotten worse, no prizes for guessing who caused it.

But Fenikkusu's popularity and winning streak just kept growing, never losing even once.

It certainly helped that he is Phoenix, always able to tell if anyone is lying.
So if he finds that the potential client did do it or had someone else do it, he'd decline said client.

If it was a self defense case, he mainly gave those to Marvin Grossberg, since apart of him felt disgusted of them, but he felt more disgusted at himself for feeling disgusted.

That's most likely from the abuse, gaslighting and conditioning, making him think if he defended himself, crime or no crime, he'd be just as evil as any murderer.

But, enough of Phoenix's/Fenikkusu's mental damage, let's get to the most recent case.

As you may remember, Phoenix had another friend, Larry Butz.
He was accused of murdering his former girlfriend, Cindy Stone.

The weapon is a very unique weapon. It was a handheld statue of the Thinker. Well, it was actually a clock, but it didn't have a little clock on the outside.

Now, if one makes the neck twist a certain way, it'll tell the time.

Larry had made the clock himself. And had made another one for himself.

Phoenix couldn't lie, while Larry was a klutz and a bit of an idiot, he had quite a knack for arts and crafts.

On the day of the trial, before it started, Fenikkusu adjusted his mask and went over some of the evidence in the court record.

Mia Fey by now was a very successful lawyer, not as successful as Miles or Fenikkusu, but always found the truth and defended her clients greatly.

She decides to watch this trial, as does Miles.

Larry was sobbing, clearly not looking forward to the trial. Fenikkusu sighs and says "Mr Butz. Dont worry. Trust me, I'll get you an acquittal."

They go inside and the trial starts.
Winston Payne was there, smug and ready.

"Well well, Mr Fenikkusu. We finally meet." He said, Fenikkusu sighs softly.

"Hello Winston Payne. I heard much about you. Now, I believe we should start the trial."

Winston gulped, but proceeded.

Now, the victim, Cindy Stone, had went to Paris and had arrived home at the time of the murder.

The murder weapon was a statue of the Thinker that Larry made and also acted as a clock.

It was also noted at the time of the crime, there was a blackout in the apartment in question.

A witness came in, a man in his fourties to fifties with brown hair, a black mole on his forehead, and a pink suit came in, he is named Frank Sawhit.

Now, this was Fenikkusu's easiest case this year, so I'll make things short.

The first condratiction was the witness saying he found the body at 1PM, however, the autopsy shows the victim died at 4PM.

The second was he said he heard the television say it was 1PM, but the blackout report states otherwise.

Then he slips that the murder weapon said it, but Fenikkusu demonstrates not only on how it works, but that it seems to have a three hour gap.

He points out the only way for Mr Sawhit to have known the weapon was a clock was if he attacked the victim with it, which would twist the neck just enough for the time to be spoken.

But Mr Sawhit exclaims if he can't prove that the clock was "three hours slow", he can't prove that Mr Sawhit did it.

But Fenikkusu smirked and points at the victim's passport and photo of her in Paris.

"I never said the clock was three hours slow. It's actually around nine hours fast. So Mr Sawhit, or should I say Mr Did It, what do you have to say?"

Mr Sawhit started foaming in the mouth and passes out.

The Not Guilty verdict was passed and everyone left the courtroom.

Fenikkusu was comforting Larry, who seemed to cheer up as Mia came over.

Larry gave Mia the Thinker, though it was his own and not the gift he gave the victim, since he said it would be creepy.

Mia does accept the gift and smiles.
"I must say Fenikkusu, you were very impressive. You didnt even flinch or break into a cold sweat."

Fenikkusu chuckles softly and nervously. "I..I'm flattered. Though I was actually panicky."

Mia and Larry looked at Fenikkusu, clearly puzzled and shocked by that confession.

"I uh..just bottled it up so I could continue." Fenikkusu further explained.

Mia was skeptical, but nodded and says "I hope I can earn your trust into showing me your identity one day."

However, that day wouldn't exactly come or at least in a normal way.

End of Chapter Six