𝟑𝟐

(a/n: guess that update schedule is not happening LMAOO.

ANYWHO. I'm not pleased with this chapter. It's not very edited. Normally I rewrite a few paragraphs (my perfectionist ass) but during my break from posting, I planned out the ending of this book. I'M SO EXCITED YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I want to finish it and then focus on making it actual *quality* writing, so uploaded chapters will not be up to my standards. Not that most wattpad readers notice anyways lmao. The amount of books with millions that can't even use proper punctuation...my poor eyeballs.

Love you, enjoy)

Chapter Thirty-Two

A shadow followed the girl as she traced the halls. Her feet featherlight, hands loose and prepared, she found herself at another unrecognizable set of doors. Huffing, she spun around and prepared to head off again. She really should have asked that brat how to get to Carter before she'd left.

Then again, she thought as a coy smile slipped onto her face, was Mykel even capable of speech in the state she'd left him in? He was a sight to behold; a depiction of how easily a man could fall. How weak they could be to the touch of a woman. Head thrown back, legs spread, chest rising and falling as he tried to catch his breath.

She wondered how Mykel would react if he found out Mr. Amir had been kidnapped. Stoically, with brooding anger? Or without a care in the world at all?

"You seem lost, my dear."

Rannia turned on her ankle, stifling the sharp shot of panic that urged to run from her veins and escape from her throat. Her eyes met a looming but familiar figure.

She sneered at him, gaze patronizing as she swept over his attire. The way he stood, the way he looked at her, it reminded her of Mykel. A cold and bottomless stare, so empty it was full.

"I told you to back the fuck off last time we met," she stated coldly, settling at last for a biting glare. "You really don't know what's best for you, huh?"

"I'd fuck off, but you make it hard to." A shit-eating grin spread across Aziel's lips. It took all Rannia had in her to not twist off his balls and make him gag on them--what little restraint she contained seemed to be fraying like yarn by the second. Deciding against violence, she grumbled something and turned to leave him.

"Oh, you're no fun." A hand shot out to grab her. Rannia whirled in place, enraged that he'd dared to touch her. Disgusting scum. Family acquaintance with the Amirs? Surely he could be added to her kill list? His name would look nice on that list.

"Let me go," Rannia growled low. She tried to snap her wrist out of his hand, but cold dread washed over her as he didn't move an inch. Not with all her strength applied. Slowly, her eyes drifted up to look at him. He was smiling at her. Uncaringly, as if he knew the world would fall at his goddamn feet.

"Anything for a pretty lady, but I want to make a deal first."

"Mykel will have your fucking head for saying that," Rannia snapped. Every fucking word that left his fucking mouth made her fists tighten more and more. She could feel skin breaking where her nails pressed.

"The deal?" Aziel shook his head and let out a laugh. "No, darling. In fact, I'm sure he'd be quite fine with it. Now let me speak, will you?"

"No," Rannia replied stubbornly. She tugged on her wrist again, but to no avail. His hand didn't even seem to strain from standing so still. What was he, a fucking robot?