Think: Chapter Sixty-One: An Icy-Hot Comfort

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Sixty-One: An Icy-Hot Comfort

You staggered out of another nightmare, expecting to be standing in front of the kitchen's refrigerator. Instead, you'd stepped on top of a pre-packaged instant cold soba container, barely visible by the moonlight shining in. The echoing crinkle of what you stepped on woke you from your haze. You stumbled back, catching yourself from collapsing fully, only to step on another object, something much softer. You froze, looking back. A small blue bear was squished under your bare foot. You stepped back into place, finally noticing the small objects that surrounded you, a collection of gifts.

"W-what?" you asked softly, rubbing sleep from your eyes. You adjusted to your surroundings, vaguely recognizing the room.

A light groan caught your attention. Your gaze shifted. Shoto Todoroki had fallen asleep awkwardly in his own bed. His head laid atop his arms, facing in your direction. His hair settled over his head like a silk tapestry, one side of red and the other of white. He was sideways on the end of his bed, as if he'd fallen asleep sitting up but was in the direction to suggest he'd been keeping an eye on you. Like a sleeping prince from a fairytale, you felt the need to wake him from his cursed slumber.

You carefully stepped over the arrangement of gifts, moving slowly in Shoto's direction. You reached out a single hand toward him but hesitated to actually wake him up. He looked peaceful, as if he hadn't gotten rest in a long time and now was having a dreamless sleep. You wondered if his lack of sleep was your fault, his pain was your fault.

"I'm sorry," you muttered under your breath, guilt keeping your hand at bay.

You turned your gaze back in the direction of the door, which, by some miracle, hadn't been torn from its hinges. Maybe you hadn't actually broken into his room after all.

"Anna..." Shoto breathed out sleepily.

You glanced back, only to see him stir slightly. You crept closer toward the door, hoping not to disturb him anymore than you already had. Just as you took your next step, you realized your bracelet with your key was no longer on your wrist. You widened your eyes, muttering under your breath in confusion. You inspected the area you'd awoken from, your eyes brushing the objects that had surrounded you. A chocolate box, a jewelry case, a set of bath bombs, and an expensive bottle of perfume were situated in a rounded pattern, as if it had been meant for you.

You picked up the jewelry box, looking inside to see a necklace, the same one you'd lost to Kobura to be exact, only this one wasn't broken. The blue tear-drop gem sparkled against the light streaming from outside. You shifted your gaze back up to Shoto again. While your eyes had completely adjusted to the dim room, you finally noticed your key and your bracelet on Shoto's wrist, perched just under his head. You didn't really have an option now. You had to wake him up.

How did he even get your bracelet in the first place?

"Shoto," you said softly.

You tiptoed up to him, leaning down to more clearly whisper his name once he didn't move. You carefully reached out your hand, gently pushing on his shoulder.

"Shoto," you said a little louder. Instinctually, you found your fingers moving to his hair, brushing the silky strands away from his face.

Shoto's hand suddenly shot up, gripping your wrist tightly. He shifted his entire body over with you in tow, easily tossing you onto the bed beside him. You squeaked in surprise, hitting plush bedding. Shoto wrapped his arms around you, pulling you to his chest to snuggle closer.

"So soft..." he mumbled under his breath, cradling your head and running his fingers absentmindedly through your hair.

"S-Shoto," you stuttered out, squirming in his firm grasp. Your face heated from your proximity, and your heart raced. You shut your eyes, embarrassed both by the embrace and the location that you were stuck in such a predicament.