Think: Chapter Sixteen: Study Session Turned Toxic

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Chapter Sixteen: Study Session Turned Toxic

You felt holes burning in the back of your head during your last class of the day. It was normally very easy for you tell when someone was staring at you, but this was ridiculous. You let out a heavy sigh, before glancing in the direction of the glower. Bakugo was glaring at you. His red eyes narrowed, when he saw you staring back.

"What?" you mouthed to him.

He lifted his lip into a half-hearted snarl, crossing his arms over his chest and not answering you. His gaze didn't waver. You had to drift your attention back on Mr. Aizawa before he reprimanded you for not paying attention. The bell rang far sooner than you had expected. Your attention had continued to drift because of Bakugo, and you were frustrated that you let him distract you. As you were collecting your things, a hand aggressively slammed down onto the book in front of you. You jolted back, glaring up at Bakugo, who was grinning down at you.

"What?" you asked, trying to pull your book out from under his hand without success.

Bakugo leaned down toward you, stopping his face inches from yours.

"B-Bakugo," you stuttered, flushing at his proximity.

"I need a body," he said outright.

"A b-body?"

"Then find somebody else," Shoto snapped, gripping the corner of your book and pulling it out from under Bakugo's hand with ease. He handed it over to you.

You shoved the textbook into your backpack, slipping out from your chair and back from Bakugo. Bakugo clicked his tongue, shifting back and looking Shoto up and down.

"You're not her boyfriend yet, Icy Hot. Back the hell off."

Could these two go at least one day without trying to start a fight with each other? Besides, it was absolutely inappropriate for Bakugo to say something so crude. What did he need a body for? Shoto and Bakugo continued snapping at each other; their conversation spiraled into an assortment of insults.

Kirishima bumped your shoulder with his, and you turned back to him with widened eyes. He smiled at you with his sharp-toothed grin, motioning with his finger for you to stay quiet, as he tried to sneak you around the arguing Bakugo and Todoroki. Bakugo's hand shot out suddenly, gripping Kirishima by the collar of his jacket and yanking him back.

"If you would have let me finish, Half N' Half, I was going to ask Big Brain if she could spar with me," Bakugo said.

Your ears immediately perked up at that, and your attention went back to him. "You want me to spar with you?" you asked.

You nearly laughed, thinking that he'd been kidding, but when his red eyes flicked back toward you, your breath caught in your throat. He looked determined, resolute.

"I..." you trailed off, noticing the death-stare that Todoroki was giving Bakugo. "I scheduled a large study session after classes today for finals. I can't miss it. Ochaco would have my head. Plus, I think a lot of the other students are really hoping I can help them." You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I might be able to spar with you tomorrow." You didn't even believe you'd said it. Your own eyes widened, as you looked down at your boots with the dangling blue cloud trying to give you confidence.