Think: Chapter Three: Practicing Control

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warning: This work contains mild language and violence. Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America. I will be posting in chapters/sections. I hope you have as much fun reading these pieces, as I did writing them.

Chapter Three: Practicing Control

In the girl's locker room, you were finally able to get your hands on your hero suit. You'd sent in your application weeks ago, and though the rest of your classmates were used to their costumes, you were about to experience one of your most sought after dreams. You were definitely worried about how flashy your suit would be, but all the same it forced bubbles of joy popping through your stomach.

"Are you going to open it or just look at it?" Uraraka asked. She smiled at you, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder. "Come on! Let's see it!"

You nodded, clicking it open. You brightened your smile, beholding the lustrous fabric.

"It's so sparkly!" Mina bubbled.

"Wow," you said, adjusting your glasses. "It's beautiful."

"Interesting that you went with a caped design," a girl with green hair said.

"I'm a bit of sucker for the classics," you said, holding the fabric to your chest. "I hope that I can live up to such a beautiful costume."

After you'd changed, you covered your face in your hands before stepping in front of the mirror. Your glasses had been placed inside your helm to keep them securely on your head when you used your quirk. The fabric of your costume was breathable, light weight. You felt the most comfortable in your black combat boots, so they were the only aspect of your outfit that you didn't change from your everyday attire.

You removed your shaking fingers away from your eyes, looking at someone who you didn't recognize. You had a Valkyrie-styled crown ending below your eyes, adorned with engraved feathers and blue accents. The mask wasn't pointed, but curved around your rounder features, and cloud-like textures brushed the metallic surface. Your body suit was in a midnight blue, accented with glittering silver that made an exaggerated "T" over your chest that ran the length of each arm, complete with a black and silver belt that contained your essential items, like tissues, hand sanitizer, and silver metal balls that you could easily use to fight with using your mind powers. A skirt settled around your hips in black, covering yourself up so that you felt comfortable in your own skin. The sleeves went all the way to your hands, ending with fingerless black gloves. Your cape was certainly the star, however. The bottom of the cape was scalloped mimicking a cloud, with the same pattern cut out a few inches above the end. The fabric itself was a blue that when shifted became silver, as if a true color had never been intended for it.

"It's just like I imagined," you said with joyful tears in the corners of your eyes. "B-but, I don't look like myself." Your head dropped.

"You do," Uraraka said, holding up your cape as if it was blowing in the wind. "You look like that suit was made for you. Trust me."