Chapter 19

A few days later Sam, Bucky and Natasha are lounging at one of the many bars in the palace. They're enjoying the peace and quiet. No missions. No fights. No threats whatsoever.

Natasha is bragging about her cocktail making skills. Yet another skill they didn't know about.

"I picked this up when I was on a SHIELD mission in Italy. It was some surveillance missions in a high-class bar."

She fills she cocktail shakers with different kinds of liquids and ice. She pops the lid on the shaker and shakes is for a while before throwing it into the air and catching it again.

Bucky watches her and admires her skills.

Natasha sets a glass on a napkin and strains the mixture from the shaker into the glass. She add a few more cubes of ice, places an orange slice on the rim and slides it over to Sam.

"Yummm... I would never say no to sex on the beach."

"Keep your kinks to yourself, Sam."

"You know what I mean, Barnes!"

Bucky grins as he sips from his plain whiskey, no ice.

Their bickering is interrupted by Steve walking in. And he's not alone.

At his side is the same woman they saw with him at the fair. Her curly hair hangs loosely over her back. She wears a long dress and high heels. A beautiful necklace dangles from her neck and stops just above her cleavage. The chain is rose gold and the pendant is decorated with an oval diamond. She looks fancy, like they're on a date.

"Hey guys, I wanted to introduce you to Lilly. Lilly, these are Sam, Natasha and Bucky."

Sam and Bucky raise their hands to say hello. Natasha steps from behind the bar to say hello.

"How nice to finally meet the mystery lady." She shakes her hand. "I'm Natasha."

"Nice to meet you Natasha." She replies in an English accent and a smile on her face.

"Would you like a drink?"

"Sure! What are you drinking?" She asks as she sits down on one of the barstools.

Steve takes the stool next to her and sits down too. "I'd like a bottle of beer."

"Oh, then I'd fancy a bottle too." She says.

Natasha nods, walks to the fridge and returns with two bottles of beer. "Is this your first date?" Natasha asks directly as she pops the caps.

Steve moves uncomfortably in his stool. "Well... Um..."

"Yes." Lilly replies confident, looking boldly at Steve. "Right?" She grips his arm tightly. "We have already taken a nice walk along the edge of the forest, not really suitable for high heels. I should have brought my hiking shoes. I almost sprained my ankle." She giggles. "Steve also gave me a tour of this place. It's amazing. Never been on the inside of a real palace before."

Steve just looks at Lilly as she talks about the date. It's quite obvious he has a crush on her. Bucky and Natasha just look at each other and laugh a little. They're happy Steve found some distraction.

"Well, I'm glad you're having a good time." Natasha says.

Lilly drains her beer and stands up to get another. "Anybody else fancy another beer?"

Sam and Bucky both nod. She comes back with three bottles and slowly sets one in from of Sam and one in front of Bucky. She runs her hand from Bucky's shoulder to the other and gently squeezes his upper arm. She smiles at him.