S I X T E E N

TALIA WAS SAT talking to masons dad as they discussed what mason was like when he was young while also finding out that they had mutual friends due to talia living in the same area as the mount family.

"oh there he is!" masons mum, debby, said as she pointed towards the entrance door where all the players were making their way through and towards their assigned tables.

they all visibly looked disappointed and upset but also wore grins as they reunited with their family and friends and thought about how insane it is that they were where they were. the group had been on a insane journey and it didn't end how they wanted but they were all now hungrier than ever to win and represent the country again.

mason grinned at his family before making eye contact with talia and gesturing up and down at her outfit, where she still wore his shirt, before 'fanning' himself and pulling a face that made talia laugh before shaking her head at the boy.

she stood towards the back and watched in admiration as mason reunited with his family, hugging them and having small conversations as they all praised him and spoke of how proud they were. she felt her heart flutter as she watched how mason acted with his family and the amount of love he had for them.

mason was talking to his sister when talia felt someone wrap their arms around her shoulder and shout into her ear. the girl jumped and elbowed the person in the ribs as a instant response before whipping around to see ben chilwell now bent over while clutching his ribs.

"talia mate what the fuck was that about" he looked up at her with shock on his face while he laughed. "forget about john being a stripper, you should get into martial arts or something fucking hell"

"what did you expect? i'm a female and i live in london and you creeped up on me before grabbing me?" she pointed out and knelt down to his level while passing him a water bottle.

"okay you have a point" he stood up and slung one arm over her shoulder.

talia huffed "wanker" she muttered under her breath which resulted in ben throwing his head back and laughing. he ruffled her hair which made talia shove him away from her.

the two sat and spoke about the game for ten minutes before they were each grabbed by their arms and pulled up by who they found out to be the one and only, declan rice.

they were pulled into a circle that currently only consisted of the england boys and talia who looked around confused but with a smile permanently etched on her face. it all made sense when baby by justin bieber came on, she thought back to when they had a karaoke session at chillys and they all sang this exact song.

when the karaoke session occurred at bens, john stones and jack grealish got way into it and ended up standing on the table and dancing but the table ended up toppling over as one leg broke. it is safe to say that john and jack enjoyed a lovely shopping trip the next day for a new table.

the group laughed and jumped around in a huddle as they all screamed the lyrics and laughed at the awful singing skills amongst the group. the moment was being recorded by some of the families and friends but none of the group seemed to notice as they celebrated and appreciated the moment.

talia looked around as she tried to work out how she went from not even knowing the names of more than three people in the team to now being bestfriends with some of them and ending up at the finals while singing justin bieber with them.

the song ended and talia was in the middle as they all had a group hug. "england national handball tings" she heard phil foden say which made the whole group chuckle before they separated and went to go and see their tables again.

talia turned around to go and find declan, like she promised, but was instead met with the chest of mason mount.

the chelsea player was taken back as her arms flung around his neck as she went onto her tippy toes and he felt her lips peck his cheek.

"you did so well honestly. no matter the outcome, it was insane and you have achieved so much" she said into his ear as her chin rested on his shoulder. the blonde pulled away but his hands still rested around her waist.

"i appreciate that lia" he beamed at her but she wiped his cheek which results in him drowning in confusion.

"oh i thought i got lipstick on you but now i've realised that it's basically all over your face" she teased to which he shook his head and laughed "oh wow is mason mount blushing about a girl kissing his cheek?"

"how do you go from so sweet to bullying me so fast? i'm going to get whiplash from the change" he put a hand on her lower back as he guided them back to his table where his family watched over on the two and poked each other with large smiles as they witnessed how oblivious the two were to how they looked at each other.

__________________

AUTHORS NOTE: no groupchat content in this one BUT talia and mason content? <3 i feel like you guys prefer groupchat content over talia and mason content so i try to make it mostly that but this is a mason book😭