Chapter 9

SOFIA RAMOS' POV

After two long hours of waiting for everyone to arrive, we were finally taking off. Vincenzo,, Valentino, Antonio, my brothers and my father were at the the dining/conference room at the front of the jet, Isabelle and my mother were both in one of the three bedrooms and Gabrielle, Amelia, Diego and I are in one of the other bedrooms.

A/N Check picture that shows what rooms they are in and the layout of the jet in MM.

"Sofia, can I talk to you for a minute." Diego asks.

He has been looking sad the whole time, I didn't push him to say anything because I know he would talk to me when he's ready.

"Yeah." I reply.

We left the room and went into the third bedroom for some privacy.

"What's wrong?" I ask him once we were seated on the bed.

"Valentino has been acting weird since the night of the ball," Diego tells me, "I feel like he's trying to push me away."

"Did you try to talk to him about it." I ask.

"Yes but he doesn't want to talk to me, Sofia." He says.

Diego looks so sad, I could tell he really likes Valentino, from the was he talked about him. Valentino's brother almost died so I could understand that he maybe needs time to process that.

"I also found out that he slept with someone." Diego says and I could hear the hurt in his voice.

I pull Diego closer to me, hugging him while rubbing his back.

"He went to a club and slept with one of the strippers there." He explains further.

"Oh Diego, I'm sorry." I say.

"Do you want me to kill him?" I ask seriously.

"Yes, please." Diego replies but I knew he was joking.

Diego fell asleep crying after I unsuccessfully tried to comfort him. I didn't understand why Valentino would do something like that to Diego. I was on my best friend's side but I wasn't going to judge Valentino until I heard his side of the story.

I needed to use the bathroom so I left Diego sleeping in the room and went in search of the bathroom.

"Sofia?" I heard someone call out.

It was Valentino and Vincenzo was standing right behind him.

"Yeah." I reply, trying to keep a straight face because I didn't want Valentino thinking anything.

"Where's Diego?" He asks, starching the back of his neck.

"Who'd you sleep with?" I blurt out without thinking.

I'm so stupid, I can't keep my mouth shut for one second. I watch as Valentino opens and closes his mouth as if her was shocked and had nothing to say.

"Do you even like him?" I ask.

I was trying to keep myself calm and also trying not to judge Valentino until I heard the whole story.

"Yes, I like him." Valentino says truthfully.

I look as Vincenzo to see her was watching us, looking very amused.

"He's in the third guest bedroom sleeping." I tell Valentino.

I didn't question him anymore about how he went to a club and slept with a stripper because I really needed to pee.

"Where's the bathroom?" I ask Vincenzo once Valentino leaves.