☠ Carl ☠

Previous Chapter

-

Carl

You squinted your eyes, trying to see the building up in the distance. You stepped forward making as little noise as you could, just in case anything, or one was near you.

You heard a snap of a branch so you quickly got out your gun and whipped around to the noise, and see a boy emerging out of the trees. You pointed you gun at him. He raised his hands showing surrender, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you" his voice spoke, you kept your gun aimed at the boy "how can I trust you?" You asked him.

"You can't" he smirked and pointed his gun at you. You rolled your eyes, you couldn't trust anyone these days.

You looked at the boy "you lower you gun, I lower mine" you spoke. The boy then slowly started to lower his gun, you then lowered yours to the side.

The boy then aimed his gun up again and shot, you quickly stepped to the side and ran into the trees, looping back around to be behind the boy. You softly chuckled "bad idea" you aimed your gun up and watched the boy turn around quickly to face you, "h-how?" He asked in confusion looked behind him, you spot a tree next to him, making him whip his head back to you "you never turn you back on the one your fighting" you say bluntly.

You adjust your finger on the trigger of your pistol, "put the gun down now or I'll actually shoot you this time" you say,

Not like you'll actually shoot him, I thought, Maybe he has a group

You watch as the boy puts his gun down on the ground, "now you best not try and shoot at me again" you glare at the boy and drop your pistol to the ground. "Dad?!" You heard the boy yell and watch him turn around.

"Oh shit," you mumble under your breath and quickly scramble up a tree making as little noise as possible, hiding unnoticed.

You watch as a man walked towards the young boy.

You should stop thinking of him as a young boy, you thought, he is the same age as you,

You groan silently at your own thoughts, sometimes you think there is a completely different person inside your mind.

You watch closely as the boy turns around in shock, noticing you are gone. You take your knife out of you boot and steady it in your hand.

You look down at the ground, it would be a long drop, could hurt if you land the wrong way. You take the risk anyways and jump down as the boy was talking with his dad.

You quickly pick up your pistol "I need this" you silently chuckle and start running through the maze of trees.

You heard footsteps behind you, and you knew it was the boy and the man. You began to run faster hoping to lose them.

You made many twists and turns, but yet, you haven't lost the two. You turned to the right only to come to on opening, you stopped it your spot. This was the place you were looking for.

You then felt hands wrap around you and a knife was put towards your neck.

You tensed up as the knife pressed slightly into your neck. You blinked a few times, trying to think of an escape.

You smirked slightly and brought your foot up to your captors crotch, kicking them harshly. You quickly ran and stopped turning around pointing your gun at the man and the pained boy.

That's what he deserved, you thought, and pointed the gun to the man, "that your prison back there?" You asked nodding your head to the building behind you. The man nodded, you dropped your gun to the ground and held your hands up in surrender "mind taking in another person?" You asked softly.

The man looked to the boy who had recovered, quite quickly actually. He's probably still in pain, you felt bad, you were just trying to protect yourself.

You kicked your gun towards the man, the boy looked towards you, giving you a mean, death glare. "Names (Y/N), sorry 'bout that" you said and looked down towards your feet putting your hands behind your back.

You could feel the two peoples eyes on you, "Again, I'm sorry 'bout that. I'm just overprotective" you apologized again, hearing the guilt in your own voice. You looked up at the man, he was looking at you, "do you have a group in the prison?" You asked, "we do," the man said "would you be willing to take another in?" You asked again, but this time, you asked shyly.

"I just have a few questions I need to ask" The man said and looked over to the boy. "How many Walkers have you killed?" You felt confused when the man said 'walkers' but realized that's what he called the biters "I've been on my own since this thing started. I can't say how many, but I can say plenty

"How many people, have you killed?"

The question stuck to your mind and you stared blankly at the man. You blinked away a tear forming in your eye "4" you simply said

"Why?" The man asked.

You blinked away another tear. This was a touchy subject "B-Because," you stammered "a group of bikers, killed my cousin," you took an intake of breath "she was only 5, couldn't even protect herself..." You sighed.

"And my age, if you even need to know. I'm 13," you looked at the man, then to the boy.

"You names?" You asked simply

"Rick Grimes," the man said "and my son Carl, he's 13 as well" you nodded and smiled slightly towards Carl. He gave back a small half smile, which you did not expect.

-

REMEMBER, I LOVE FEEDBACK

Next Chapter