☠ Carl ☠

Previous Chapter

-

Carl

You looked around trying to see through the smoke and crowds of walkers. You then saw Carl and Rick.

You ran over to them, you soon became worried, you looked at Carl who began crying. You then focused your gaze on what they had been looking at.

Your eyes widened shock at the sight in front of you. "Carl, (Y/N). We need to go!" Rick said, clearly in pain.

You nodded and the three of you began walking away from the once safe haven.

***

Carl was clearly angry at both you and his dad. He walked a bit in front of you and Rick.

You would go up and talk to Carl, but he was being an ass and Rick was clearly in pain, so you decided to walk beside him if he needed help or anything

"Carl!" Rick yelled, breaking the silence. "Carl!" Rick yelled again, starting to limp a bit faster, catching up to Carl. Carl stopping for a brief moment, Rick walked up towards him, but before Rick could talk to Carl, he started to walk off again.

You rolled your eyes and continued to walk beside Rick.

***

Meanwhile, you guys had walked upon a small shop. "I'll go inside and scope the place out with (Y/N), Carl you stay out here and keep watch," Rick demanded, Carl then began to argue "no, I'll go inside, your clearly in to much pain," Carl augured "Carl," you whispered softly.

"I can't believe you trust (Y/N) more than me! I'm going in, with or with out you." Carl said towards his dad "I-I'll keep watch outside, just call out if anything happens." You said not wanting to cause anymore trouble.

You sat on the ground against the wooden walls, your gun resting in your lap. You then heard a few crashes inside the place and a gunshot.

You quickly scrambled to your feet and ran inside towards their voices, "we could have needed that bullet!" Rick yelled, you stood in the doorway, clearing your throat to grab their attention.

"We should go, that bullet could attract walkers," you said and turned around on your heel quickly walking out of the shop.

***

You walked in to the house, your gun up high, following Rick into the kitchen.

Then Carl and Rick started to argue again. You sighed and listened to them argue, knowing that you'd just get yelled at if you butted in.

"Hey asshole!" Carl yelled punching the wall, making you jump slightly, "Hey bullshit!" He yelled again "Hey-" he was about to punch the wall until you yelled at him "Carl!" Your crossed your arms around your chest and listened to him argue to you. You shook your head and walked off, towards the living room.

You had watched Carl go upstairs, he came down a few minutes and tied a knot around the door handle. I noticed Rick struggling to push a couch towards the door, helping him push it. "What? You don't think it will hold?" Carl argued saying that Shane had taught him. "Remember him?" He asked his father,

"Just shut up!" You yelled angrily, annoyed by his attitude. You walked off, up the stairs, into one of the bedrooms, wanting some alone time.

Later that day, you heard yelling, so being the curious girl you are, you walked out of the room you were sitting in and walked down the hallway towards the stairs, the voice then became clear, and you could hear Carl arguing at his dad.

You peeked over the railing of the staircase and saw that Rick was asleep. You sat down on the top step and listened to Carl. A few minutes later, the yelling stopped and you decided to get your bag from the room.

You got up and quickly went to the room and got your bag, walked back towards the stairs and going down the creaky steps.

You glanced at the sad Carl, and decided to ignore him. You pulled out a small blanket from your bag and set it onto the wooden floor, besides Carl's couch cushion 'bed'.

You laid down your bag and used it as a pillow, closing your eyes before you heard banging on the door.

You quickly got up grabbing out your gun, looking around for Carl, not seeing him. You quickly ran towards the back door and outside, following the distance growls.

You reached the growls and saw Carl struggling with them on the road. You shoot your head and shot the last one. "Could have gotten yourself killed," you said coldly.

Carl rolled his eyes and said "I can handle myself" he then started to walk off. "Where you 'bout to be going? The house is the other way," you stated. "I'm going to scavenge for food," you rolled your eyes and trailed behind him.

You stayed downstairs as Carl went upstairs, you looked around trying to find anything useful. Nothing, you them heard a few crashed from upstairs, probably a walker, you thought, but he can handle him self, you rolled your eyes.

You looked around and found 120 ounces of pudding, you chuckled and grabbed it off the shelf, going into the kitchen and grabbing two spoons.

You walked upstairs and saw Carl writing on the door with chalk. He then walked backwards, not noticing you there,

Walker inside,
Got my shoe, not me

The words read. You cleared your throat to grab Carl's attention, he turned his head towards you and you held up the pudding, watching his eyes light up you smiled.

You sat on the roof with Carl, eating the pudding. "We good again?" You asked breaking the silence. You watched at Carl nodded, making you smile once again. "Good" you smiled and kissed his cheek.

-

Next Chapter