𝟏. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨 𝐮𝐩, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋.

And it was, until about a few weeks ago. That's when everything went to complete shit. I know you're all expecting me to say some inspirational bullshit about how life can only get better and how you can only go up.

Well, this isn't some fairytale where you kiss the princess and they magically wake up, or you find an old lantern that'll grant you wishes. Magic and believing are big setups for misery and utter disappointment. 

I know, I know, you don't need to tell me twice. How can you be so positive when you feel like the entire world hates you? And I'll tell you my secret; I've done it before. 

After my dad passed away in a big car accident almost sixteen months ago, I had no clue what I was going to do. I felt like I was at rock bottom with our dept, school, and trying not to break down when I hear a Kook talk bad about him. 

Just the consent memory of his name scrawled on the tombstone as we lowered an empty casket into the earthy soil of the graveyard. And with his death just weeks prior to Big John going missing, I thought it was connected.

I was completely insane for thinking anything other than the truth that he was really gone. I had hoped, for a mere second, that he hadn't died and it was all a big setup. But when the flowers stopped showing up, and people began to whisper and spread the news, you knew that it was set in stone.

Nothing I could do would ever bring him back. They were all gone. Sherriff Peterkin, John B, Sarah Cameron... and my father. So, currently, I'm stuck at rock bottom, once again, and the only place lower is hell. There's no digging out of this hole, there's no going up, and there's no bringing back the dead.

I, and every other Pouge, think it's all complete bullshit. Everybody else has seemed to move on, and they act like we're crazy for still caring; for still wanting to clear his name. 

And so, as the time ticked down to the last second, I realize it was all over. John B and Sarah Cameron were actually gone, and it was confirmed as I stood next to Kie, tears in my eyes, watching as Pope and JJ began to mark his name into an old tree. 

2003 - 2020

John B Routledge

P4L

JJ moved in beside me as Pope stopped next to Kie. The silence was haunting and empty. Nothing could be heard but the soft breeze of the surrounding trees and the muffled cries from the group. 

The sun was exceedingly bright as the rays danced off of the green and slightly orange leaves, sending a flash of colour around our small memorial site. Waves crashed to the shore and against the dock where John B once stood as we said our final goodbyes and waved him off.