𝟐. 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 being a Pouge is always being kicked around by the Kooks

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 being a Pouge is always being kicked around by the Kooks. I had to deal with it, my parents had to deal with it, and even my grandparents had to deal with it. So if you think, for even a moment, that this is all optional; you're wrong.

Have you ever heard the old saying "Money doesn't buy happiness"? Well, whatever fuckers said that was completely loaded and complete assholes. I know countless amount of people that would love all of that money.

And yet, as much as they live through that saying and try to pretend they are just like us; they aren't and will never be. They will never have to go through a day wondering if they can make enough money to have something to eat or to make sure they have running water.

I know deep down, they'd never want to be like us. And maybe that's why they hate us so much. Because they're scared that our poorness is like a disease that they could catch, like a virus. IF they spend too much time with or near us, they'll lose everything and have to live on The Cut.

It's not so bad –The Cut– if I'm honest. As I drove down the road leaving my home in order to make it to work in time, I just knew that I was lucky to be seeing this beauty. It may not be picture-perfect, but to me, it was all that I needed.

play from the beginning:

The large palm trees flashed by in a blitz, slivers of shade passing by as my Jeep moved down the freshly paved roads. Clouds barely touched the sky, leaving us and anybody who isn't wearing sunscreen to the sun.

A small group of ladies, maybe in their 50s, all bustled down the sidewalk. They were dressed in walking attire –colourful shorts, tank tops, and white visors along with their expensive sunglasses.

I turned up my music as drove along, not paying attention to their conversation as we stopped at a stoplight. I could feel them staring at me, no doubt gossiping about the car I was driving. Talking about how they wouldn't be 'caught dead in that' or how 'it could use a car wash'.

As soon as the light turned green, I stepped on the peddle and the car flew forwards. I could see the country club in the distance, and today, thankfully, I was allowed to work inside as a waitress.

I was normally stuck by the pool serving and making drinks. And with the pounding heat that had come of today, I was lucky to be inside. I pulled into the back lot of the Country Club and parked next to JJ's dirtbike. The red and white colours glittering under the sun.

I hopped out of my car and closed the door, the keys shoved deep in my bag. As I neared the club, I could still feel the stinging from my palm and the ointment that was slathered onto it before I wrapped it tightly.