𝟓. 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐅𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘, you would think that the street was completely deserted if it wasn't for the quiet voices of three teenagers and one almost adult bickering about a phone call. All lights off and surrounded in complete darkness, y/n held her cellphone in her hand, waiting for the right moment to make an important call. 

Still sustained in a non-moving vehicle, I watched as the sky quickly grew dark, leaving a vast light post flickering ever so slightly in the distance. The street was empty and lifeless, every houselight –except one– was turned off completely. 

I looked over my shoulder to see the three teenagers whispering quietly to one another, trying to figure out what and how to say what was needed to be said. "Why does she get to tickle?" JJ whined as Pope sighed loudly. 

"Because she's the best," He explained as he looked towards me, "You are the best, right?" He whispered. 

" Should you do an accent?" Kie asked as she leaned forwards from the backseat. 

"Yes, definitely disguise your voice," Pope agreed with a quick shake of his head. 

"Disguise my voice how?" I questioned before shifting my voice into an English accent, "How would you like me to talk? Like this?"

"Not like that," JJ snickered as I sighed. 

Pope thought for a second, "Batman,"

"Batman?" Kie and I repeated simultaneously, both in a deep voice. 

"Spot on," JJ piped in, "Give Ben Affleck a run for his money,"

"Oh yeah?" I mocked. "We ready?" I questioned the group and they all flashed me thumbs up. 

Dialling the number, we all sat in anticipation. The phone trilled softly as the dark screen shed a smell amount of line into the near-pitch black car.  Suddenly, the phone stopped buzzing and a voice echoed through the car. "Hello?" The man asked. 

"Hello," I responded in a deep voice, immediately regretting it as soon as I did so. "I can't," I told the group as I looked back at them. 

"Hello?" The man questioned again. 

Clearing my throat, I finally asked, "Is Gavin there?"

"This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?" Gavin, the pilot, replied hesitantly.

JJ gave me a small nod to continue, "I know what happened on the tarmac," 

Gavin awkwardly chuckled, "Um... who's this?" It was clear that he was nervous and uncomfortable in the situation, but we kept pushing. 

"It was..." I stopped. This was actually happening. "It was Rafe Cameron," It felt good to finally say it aloud, to try and get evidence for what actually happened. But at the same time, I felt a small pool of guilt filling up and I couldn't get rid of the feeling.