𝟖. 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢'𝐦 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 me for a solid minute, not sure what to do. The three of them were going to send me into a sewer drain to retrieve a murder weapon that was used the night earlier to kill a pilot who was blackmailing Ward. A rollercoaster, right?

"You sure?" She whispered as I nodded, not wanting to show her that I was terrified out of my mind. 

"Look, uh, just be careful," JJ stammered as he held the door open for me. 

"I'll be so careful," I mocked as I tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. 

JJ's smile dropped as he turned to Pope, "I deserved that,"

Pulling myself onto my hands and knees, I began to crawl through the dark brown water and into the sewer. My palms were soon covered in wet grass and scratched against the rusty metal of the grate. 

The water, no matter the heat outside, was cold. I tried to picture it like the ocean –calm waves lapping against my body as I paddled out into the big sea– but then the smell got worse and I gave up with the dream. 

"Just, uh, holler if you need anything, okay?" Pope called out, "And we'll, uh, holler back?" 

"Very helpful," I mumbled, "Thanks,"

As I crawled deeper into the sewer, tree roots and other nature had been flushed into the drain. Moss –at least I think its moss– was growing around the sides and brushing my arms as I moved faster. The stench began to burn my nose and I was stuck breathing through my mouth, which still didn't help. 

"Y/n, you find anything?" I could hear Pope yell from behind me. His voice was turning faint as I moved, and I knew I was putting a good distance between us. 

"Nothing yet, just..." I called back as my hand hit something hard. Grabbing it, I pulled it out of the water before realizing what it was. Screaming loudly, I threw the dead rat behind me and began gagging. 

"Y/n? Y/n!" JJ, Kie, and Pope both screamed as I tried to recollect myself. 

I screamed again loudly. "Is it---Like a person?" JJ called, asking about it which didn't help. 

Somewhere above the surface, two guys stood around a pipe drain. "Now, the easiest thing to do is going to be flush it," Barry said as he crouched down near the surface. "'Cause I'm gonna tell you right now my ass ain't getting down therein that shit," 

"Good, cuz I wasn't doin' it," Rafe quipped back, "Now, how are we gonna flush it out?"

"Trust me, Country Club," Barry grinned as he moved towards two large objects, both with a large handle on top of it. 

Just as Barry was going to twist the water on, a loud scream shot from the street. Both boys snapped their heads up, before looking at each other. "What the fuck was that?" Rafe said as he stood up, trying to figure out where the scream was coming from.