𝟒. 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 light as the four of us hopped out of The Wreck –Kiara's family restaurant which she worked at normally. Bright and positive energy flowed through the air as my feet tapped down the wooden steps, followed closely by Kie, JJ, and Pope. 

The wind felt oddly brisk for the late afternoon, but it didn't bother me. I kept a smile on my face and my phone in my hand –in case John B and Sarah tried to reach out again. Oh yeah, that's right; they're alive. 

We were not at all sure how they were alive, but they did it, and now they're laying low in Nassau, Bahamas. "I never doubted them," JJ recalled as the door slammed shut behind us. 

"I owe you five bucks," Kie laughed as her hand slid down the wood railing. 

"Hey, Kiara,  I need those setups done by five!" Her mom shouted from inside the restaurant, her father next to her working with napkins. 

"Y'know, there are other people that work here," Kie called back over her shoulder, as she continued to walk away.

"Yeah, but none of them are my children," Anna hollered, her voice getting quieter as we walked away. 

"I feel that," Pope sighed as we sat down on a length of wooden benches that wrapped around part of the docks. "On a deep, emotional level, I understand that," I rolled my eyes jokingly as the group dropped their backpacks on the ground. 

As much as I love Kie, and I do, I just always disliked the fact that she would rather live like a Pogue. I get it honestly: the surfing, never having parents worry about you, never being dragged to stupid events. But at the same time, I feel like she's taking all she has for granted. I would gladly switch lives with her if I can be sure I have nice clothes, running water, and a full meal. 

And after John B and Sarah were 'dead', she had changed completely and took things too far. Like spray painting 'murderers' on The Camerons stone wall out front –which I understand the reasoning for–, or ignoring her parents and always disobeying them. 

I want to talk to her, but I don't know how to even begin that conversation.  

"So, we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asked, grabbing my attention. 

"There's no way to even get to the Bahamas, especially now that you're in school," I told the group as JJ rolled his eyes dramatically. 

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later, so if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday," Kie explained as JJ quickly shot up from his leaning position. 

"Oh God," I muttered, easily recognizing the mischievous glint in his eyes. 

"I'll tell you how we do it," He began.

"Oh, so you have it all planned out, Dontcha," I pushed, my eyebrows raised as the wind blew against my bareback. 

" As a matter of fact, I do," He grinned as the group looked at one another suspiciously. "We kidnap Rafe," He exclaimed and my shoulders dropped.