burning rocks

Dear Diary, this morning I feel like shit, first of all I have a giant headache, and I am surrounded by a bunch of hot bodies and I feel like I am in a sauna. On that note I need to get away from these idiots.  With that I sat up, pushing Caroline away from me, I resisted the urge to kick Tyler's head off my leg and instead picked it up and placed it on the bed. Rolling over I stood up and stepped around the bodies of Jeremy and Bonnie before opening my door and stumbling out. 

"Morning sweetheart" I smiled at Jenna and walked past her, grabbing a redbull from the fridge and cracking it up. "Morning" 

"I'm off for the parent-teacher conference, hair up or down?" I watched as she moved her hair up before letting it fall down. I raised my eyebrow and scrunched my face up. 

"Half up, half down" I tell her as I move and grab her purse handing it to her, before moving to sit on the counter, Jenna slid on her heels and she grabbed her keys and started to head out. "Take no prisoners!" I yelled as she left. Soon Bonnie came down, starting a pot of coffee as she leaned on the cold counter. I moved, resting a hand on her back and rubbing it, she groaned. One by one my friends made it down the stairs, Tyler barley as he slid down the stairs and decided to make the floor his home. 

"Coffees ready" Bonnie said as she moved, grabbing four mugs and pouring coffee in each, Jeremy grabbed the creamer and poured it in all but one cup, Caroline keeping her's black. Jeremy placed Tylers cup by his head, and I laughed as he struggled to sit up. I hopped off the counter heading for the shower, having it cut short by the un ending banging on the door by Caroline. Apparently one needs more than two bathrooms when you have five people in the house.  An hour late to school and we finally made it out of the house and into my van. 

"Now if Tanner or Jenna ask?"

"Jeremy threw up"

After a quick pit stop for breakfast we finally made it to the school in time for third period, also known as history. Walking in I immediately spotted Stefan who held up an old leather book, I smiled and moved sitting down and giving him a thumbs up. Last night the vampire had texted me and going through my phone I had drunkenly asked about books, which brought us to the discovery that Mr. Salvatore Stefan had one of the original copies of the brothers Grimm. Which then brought us to the decision that if he let me borrow it I would propose with a ring pop. I was hoping he would not bring it since I did ask while drunk, but I was also thankful that I brought my ring pop just in case. 

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years ago." I turned back to Stefan and flashed the small bag that held the ring pop. He smiled covering his mouth to muffle his laugh. "Now, the comet will be at its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" 
 I turned my head back around towards Mr. Tanner, glancing at the clock before back at him. "Yes, you are." The bell rang and I grabbed my things and left, waiting outside the classroom for Stefan, Caroline walked out first, raising an eyebrow at me. 

"What are you doing?" I shake my hand and pull the ring pop out, ripping open the wrapper, "again?" she sighed and moved to the side, pulling Bonnie and Tyler with her. Stefan was the last one out and immediately upon seeing him, I got down on one knee and held my hand out for him to take. 

"Mr. Salvatore, will you do me the honor of being Mr. Gilbert?" he fakes a gasp and grabbed my hand pulling me up, I slid the ring pop onto his ring finger. "I do"  I grabbed his hand and started heading towards lunch, walking past my friends, Tyler looked a little taken aback. 

"Apparently, there is more than one Mr. Gilbert" he mocked as he, Bon, and Care followed behind us. 

"Calm down Wolfy, you'll still be the only Mr. Bennett" 

We sat at the same table as always, in the corner of the lunchroom right by the door and able to view the whole room. Tyler went to find Jeremy and Bonnie made Caroline go with her to get lunch, leaving me alone with my husband. 

"Just so you know with marriage comes the marriage code" I smiled up at him as he turned his head with a raised eyebrow. 

"And what is this so-called marriage code?" 

"Have you ever heard of the best friend code? It's like that but more defined, ya see if I call for mariage code or if you call for it we have to side with one another" I tell him and he laughs throwing his head back slightly as Caroline and Bonnie sit down by us. 

"So if me and Caroline are arguing about what the best shade of blue is-"

"It's tiffany" 

I laugh as he shakes his head, Caroline sipping her milk as she nods her little blonde head. 

"Right, and you side with her, if I say marriage code you..."

"She sides with you even if you are wrong" Caroline answers and I nod my head towards her, Stefan smiles as Tyler and Jer sit down. I move, snatching one of Caroline's tater tots, throwing it up and catching it in my mouth. Caroline smiled and snatched one from Tyler's tray, who pouted. 

"Hey there's Matt, surprised he's here, his sister was the one attacked last night" Jeremy spoke, making me turn around and stare at the boy who sat with the other football players. I scrunched my face up and turned towards my gang, Tyler and Caroline looked at me sadly, and Bonnie looked from me to Stefan and back to me.  They knew I wanted to get the Donoven siblings out of here. I just couldn't and now it was almost too late, unless I told Stefan tonight that I knew, and had him make them leave tomorrow. That was the only way to avoid Vicky's death, but that also made me lose the advantage of keeping the vampires in the dark. But if I sit down and think, maybe, just maybe, I can work around that. I turned to Stefan and grabbed his hand. He turned and looked at me, staring into what could be my soul yet he just missed it.

"We need to talk"

I think I'm going to try and update every Sunday.  But don't take my word for it I'm in my senior year so I do get distracted with school. Anyway as always comments and votes are appreciated but not required.