The return

“Where is my ring?” Damon groaned as he looked up, squinting his eyes due to the bright lights that surrounded them. He had been trying to talk since he’s been captured but his kidnapper never let him get the words out. 

“You won't be needing it anytime soon” The british man spoke, Damon looked around trying to locate the man but saw nothing.

“How long have I been here?” 

“Three fun weeks” 

“What are you doing, Enzo?” The vampire asked, he hissed when he moved and was reminded of his wounds, not only was he being tortured he was being filled with vervain tainted blood, making his healing process slower then normal. 

“Killing two birds with one stone, taking my revenge on you for leaving me and keeping you away from Mystic Falls” he answered simply, shrugging his shoulders as he stepped in front of the main light, blocking it and finally letting Damon open his eyes fully. 

“I’m sorry” Damon tried, but Enzo simply shook his head and laughed. 

“Sorry won’t help you”  and in a flash he had moved, blinding Damon and sending worry through him as he moved his head trying to spot the man, and in a flash he was in front of him. Knife in hand and a sinister look on his face, and once again Damon was cut open, he screamed but if he learned anything in what was three weeks he knew no one would hear him. 

~

Elena woke with a groan, crawling out of her bed and heading towards the bathroom. It had been three days since the founders party, coincidentally also three days since she and Enzo had last spoke. Something that wasn’t unusual as they both got busy and forgot to respond from time to time.  Elena decided to give him two more days, by then it would be the longest either of them have gone without communication, and that’s when she decided to worry. Until then however she was a teen with a sexy car wash to get to. So she showered and got dressed, putting on short shorts and a bikini top. When she left the bathroom she was greeted by her baby brother who was half asleep, leaning against the wall clutching his clothes to his chest. She rolled her eyes and moved, letting him pass her as she made her way downstairs. Her aunt sat at the kitchen counter, working on some college homework as she drank her coffee, Elena grabbed a can of redbull and sat across from her. 

“I won’t be here for dinner, feel free to order take out or whatever” Jenna spoke, and Elena hummed. 

“I won’t either, I have a shift at the cafe, Jermey will probably spend the night at Bonnie '' The teen spoke before raising an eyebrow and smiling at her aunt. “You got a date?” She wiggled her brows and her aunt rolled her eyes, nodding her head.  Jermey walked down the stairs, stealing his sister's red bull as he walked past her and she resisted the urge to smack him. Instead she walked towards the door, shaking her keys to grab his attention. 

“Let’s go dingus” He rolled his eyes walking after her and struggling to get his hoodie over his head as he walked out the front door almost tripping. The siblings drive to the school helping Caroline set up all the tables, signs. Getting the buckets and sponges out, after an hour others start to arrive, cheerleaders and football players, along with some other students.  Elena was on hose duty as she washed the soap off cars, a small smile on her lips as she angled the hose up and to the right so the water hit Caroline who squealed and jumped back. 

“LELE!” Caroline yells, as Gilbert laughs, soon joined by others. Caroline jokingly throws a soapy sponge at the girl who gasps. Soon it turns into an all out water fight between the girls, that was until Caroline screamed and Elena spun around concerned only to See her blonde friend running towards a certain vegan vampire. Jermey and Tyler run after the blonde and Elena does a quick scan trying to find Bonnie, but the witch is nowhere in sight and so Elena joins the others in greeting the vampire.