Ch.1 : Abandoned

He opens his eyes, the sunlight beaming in his face, the sound of swaying branches in the trees, the poking feeling of grass below him. Dylan leans up and looks around, he sees he's in a small opening in the jungle. He looks around and he just sees brush, "Hello? Anybody there? Mommy? Daddy? You guys there? Hello? Anybody?" he called out.

Nobody responded, he couldn't even hear the evacuation sirens of the main park, meaning he's either really far away or the other tourists and his parents are already gone. They've gotten off the island... and he's left behind, all he remembers before waking up was being snatched by a Pteranodon and flown away far, he was soon dropped and that was the last thing he remembers before waking up here.

They likely think he's dead, and no one's coming back for him. He's on his own, stranded, exposed... and as good as dead.

Dylan soon got up and looked around for any trail to follow, and he soon found one. He held his hands together and shivered as he walked down the trail, looking on all sides and listening closely for anything that may try to leap out of the bushes and try to rip him apart.

Dylan walked for a long time and he soon came upon a field, and there were herbivore dinosaurs roaming around the field. Looks like all the dinosaurs have free roamed of the island, meaning the carnivorous dinosaurs might be out and about.

Dylan soon sat down below a tree and began to think about what to do, he feels so helpless without his parents and he now has no one to turn to when he needs help. He's truly on his own and he needs to find shelter before the sun goes down, he looks up at the sun, and it's noon. Meaning he has maybe 5-6 hours before sundown.

Dylan soon decides to find shelter somewhere in the main park, but he doesn't know where it is. He soon remembers in the emergency manual that every road on the park leads to the main park, if he finds a road and follows it, he's bound to get to the main park.

He soon gets up and walks into the herd of dinosaurs, they seem like content herbivores that won't mind his presence. He tries to avoid the big scary ones but that proved harder than he thought, some of them approached him out of curiosity, and he knew if he just ignored them and left them with their business, then they would do the same.

Dylan shivered in fear as he walked through the herd of herbivores, fearing one of them may try to stomp him to a paste in the ground. His fear was primal, as his ancestor's ounce did something like this, in a herd of mammoths, that is.

He soon heard roaring coming from the back of the herd, Dylan felt a cold chill run down his spine and his heart began skipping a beat as he saw several herbivores beginning to stampede as if there was a carnivore in the back of the herd!

Dylan soon saw 3 Baryonyx's charging at the herd, and he soon began taking off with the rest of the herbivores. The Baryonyx's didn't notice little Dylan as they were too busy trying to pick off one of the herbivores in the back of the herd. Soon, Dylan breaks off out of the herd and manages to retreat into the forest without being spotted by the 3 predators.

He sits in a bush for long minutes as comprehends how much danger he is truly in, nowhere is safe here. He better finds the main park soon because he doubts any of the big dinosaurs will come there, maybe he can find some way to call for help.

Dylan soon gets up and starts walking through the forest, walking down the path that lead through the woods. He listened closely for anything that could pop out of the bushes and take him by surprise.

After a few minutes of walking, Dylan came across a field. He looks around for any dinosaurs and there's none in sight. He soon sees a road, and Dylan remembers how all roads lead to the main park.

Dylan soon starts heading down to the road, and walks down the road. Dylan soon started sweating, it was hot and muggy, not the kind of environment. Dylan was hoping someone was there at the main park, but if not, at least the hotels might be unlocked and he could use those hotels for shelter.

...

After almost and hour of walking down the dirt path, Dylan had made it to Main Park. "Hello?! Anybody there?! Mommy?! Daddy?!" Dylan called out, only to be responded by his echo. Dylan soon began to think if there are still dinosaurs around, he just told them where he is.

Dylan soon went inside what looked like a toy shop, being the 7 year old he is, he couldn't help himself but get exited by all the toys.

Dylan soon came back to reality, and realized having a dingo toy isn't gonna help him much. He exited the store and looked around the park, he soon walked over to the lagoon. He looked inside and saw the ripped apart remains of a dead dinosaur in the lagoon.

Dylan gagged in disgust and rushed over to a nearby trashcan to throw up, Dylan soon walked over to a cooking area and went into the kitchen to see what he could eat.

Dylan soon saw some pieces of meat were left behind, and he grabbed a bag and put the meat in his bag. Dylan soon started to smell the foul stench of a burning corpse.

Dylan soon started investigating the kitchen, he soon entered the kitchen and nearly screamed in horror when he saw a dead velociraptor. It was charred and burned nearly down to the bone.

Dylan soon left the room and coughed in disgust, he soon realized that corpse is gonna attract predators and he needed to dispose of it.

Dylan soon grabbed the raptor corpse by the tail and with a groan of effort, began dragging the dead velociraptor out of the building and he started dragging it to the lagoon. He soon got the corpse to the edge of the pool and pushed it into the lagoon, were it would become food for the critters in the lake.

Dylan soon began walking away from the lagoon and spent the next several hours gathering more and more food. Dylan soon made the smart choice and grabbed a kitchen knife to use to defend himself.

The sun was soon starting to set, and Dylan gathered a good amount of food and soon went to a nearby hotel to make home. He entered the hotel and picked up a keyboard to Room 24, and he made his way to said room.

The room was like how it was when he and his parents made it too the island. He placed his bag of food into the fridge and sat down on the bed, letting his body rest.

...

Dylan soon tried turning on the TV, and there was so internet or service for any channels. Dylan soon went to the balcony, and he could hear the Brachiosaurus calls in the distance, he was starting to hear the crickets chirping.

Dylan soon decided to go get some sleep, and he made sure the door was locked so no dinosaurs would pay him any visits while he slept.

Through out the night, Dylan was tossing and turning. Unable to fall asleep due to his fear, fear that a dinosaur was gonna come get him in his sleep.

A fear that, in a place like this, was understandable. However soon... he slowly drifted off to sleep.