Ch.5 : New Home

Dylan woke up, and he felt wind blowing and thunder rumbled through the sky. Looks like a big storm is gonna be blowing in, and it would be smart to find some shelter. As he got up, he saw Blue was still asleep. She had moved away a bit since their slumber, and was now curled up into a tight ball. Dylan slowly picked up his bag, and it on his back. As he got up, Blue woke up quickly.

She stood up and looked at the boy, who nervously looked at her and waved sheepishly. Blue didn't react much, she soon turned tail and ran back into the jungle. Dylan sighed before looking up at the sky, hearing another rumbling in the sky. It would be advisable to seek immediate shelter, because this storm looked like a bad one. He soon began traveling through the jungle, carrying his weapon in case any more creatures try to make a snack out of him.

As he walked, Blue came out of the jungle and in his path. Although she did display a tiny bit of affection, he still was a bit nervous if he startled her or made her angry, she'd attack him. Blue soon runs off on the path, but stops to look back as if to see if he was following her. Suddenly, a loud crack of thunder made them both duck momentarily. Dylan decided to follow her.

Blue lead Dylan through the jungle, she knew he couldn't walk through the jungle like her so they had to use trails. She walked slowly enough for Dylan to keep up, and she would periodically made sure he didn't get left behind during their walk. They got startled a bunch of times by the loud thunder, and it began lightly raining. It will get worse throughout the day.

...

After a long time of traveling through the jungle, Blue had managed to lead Dylan all the way to a spot he had only heard about in stories. There, he stood infront of the gates of the old visitor center of the former Jurassic Park.

He was in awe to see this place, for it had been abandoned for over 20 years now. He walked forward and admired that this building still stood here after everything that happened on the island, especially for 20+ years. He looked back, to see Blue was gone. Before he could ponder and further, a massive clap of thunder boomed throughout the island and he pushed the doors open and went inside. He closed the door, and shook the rain water off himself before looking inside.

He soon walked over to a rock on the ground and sat down, he soon decided this was base camp now. He soon heard a screech down one of the balls and Blue came out the shadows, seems like she found another way in. He sighed and looked up at the clouds through the dirty windows and he sat on the ground and hugged his legs. He hoped this storm wouldn't tear apart the building, but it seemed sturdy enough to handle whatever this form had to offer.

4 hours later...

Dylan had the door open so he could see outside, the worst of the storm had come and it was raining cats and dogs and lightning snaked across the sky, thunder roared louder than the dinosaurs and shook the island. Blue layed on her belly by the door, and looked outside at the rainy weather. While Dylan just sat in place, looking at the ground and muttering to himself. After almost 2 months trapped on this island, the isolation is beginning to affect Dylan's mind. At least it was starting too, Dylan still kept a grip on his mind and managed to avoid going into madness.

Dylan soon managed to get a grip on himself, and he laid down on the cold, hard ground and looked outside the door where Blue laid by. He soon yawned, rubbed his eyes and closed them, slowly letting himself drift off to sleep...

12 hours later...

Dylan woke up about 4 hours ago, and Blue had woken him up after bringing home dinner, she had killed a Gallimimus and managed to drag her kill all the way here for both her and Dylan to eat, she immediately began eating right when she brought in it and when Dylan came to try to get a peice, she didn't even try to stop him. Infact she even pulled off some pieces and shared them with Dylan.

Now, he had finished his dinner, and he left Blue to eat whatever was left of the Galli once he got his full, he looked outside that was dark but not pitch black, he could still hear the storm outside. So far it did seem like it was easing up and the rain just came and went, but still kept coming down though not as hard as earlier.

It didn't take long for him to fall asleep again, and when Blue made sure they wouldn't have any unwelcome guest, she laid by him and curled her tail around her new human friend. Blue's empathy wouldn't let her tear this human to shreds and make him prey, she knew she needed to protect him for he was a human youngling. She's dealt with many human adults, but never a human youngling. He reminded her of when she was a raptor chick, who would have been utterly defenceless out here.

Back then, she had a parental guardian in the form of a human. Now, looks like it's her turn to be the parental guardian for a human.

...

Days turned to weeks and Dylan, now having a companion in the form of Blue, felt a lot more safe out in the jungle and he has bonded with her quite well. He was still a bit cautious, for even though she clearly wants to protect him, she isn't really the affectionate type. She does sometimes allow Dylan to rub her snout or scratch her when she's got an itch, but other than that, she doesn't really let him touch her. It's usually her giving affection though, for it is rare but she does sometimes come up to Dylan and gently nuzzle him or cuddle up to him whenever they rest. Perhaps since she's the alpha of the small little pack they are in, she is the one to shows affection to her younger pack members, in this case, Dylan.

Blue was a surprisingly good parent though, for she would protect Dylan at any cost, and like when she brought that Galli, she'd even bring food for him. Whenever they went out of the Visitor Center, she would make sure Dylan was nearby and would always scout ahead to make sure they weren't getting into any trouble. On one occasion, a Compsognathus one time bit Dylan in the finger, Blue was so furious with the compy hurting her only pack member that she bit the small little dino and slammed it into the ground and chewed it up several times until the compy was an unrecognizable mess of smashed, chewed flesh. Dylan was a bit startled by this, but didn't feel as scared since it was him she was protecting.

The only thing that bothered them other than the Compys were the other carnivores like the Dilophosaurs or Monolophosaurs, or any other small sized carnivore. The things tried several times to make prey of Dylan, and would often try to pick him off when he's separated from Blue. But, every time they became a nuisance, Blue would swiftly correct them. They couldn't hurt Dylan, not as long as he had Blue by his side.

Since Dylan was gonna be stuck on this island for however long it took for someone to rescue him off the island, or he finds a way off himself, he tried to get along with Blue. He treated her as a friend, and would often talk to her about random things, like the weather, the jungle, other dinosaurs, or various other things Dylan took part in speaking off. Ofcourse, it wasn't really much of conversation since Blue doesn't speak english and really had no other way of communicating with him other than her grunts, growls, hisses, and other sounds she makes, as well as her body language. 

Eventually, weeks became months. Dylan still stayed with his friend Blue, but Dylan's mental health had taken a turn for the worse. Dylan started hallucinating, seeing his family and friends out in the forest, and also hearing the sounds of planes and helicopters around yet he could never locate them. Depression was also slowly waning in on poor Dylan, for he was becoming overcome with impatience of his eventual rescue, as well as fear and dispair.

Dylan was slowly loosing hope that he'd ever make it off this island alive...