Ch.3 : Into the Jungle

It was time... it has been well over a month now.

Dylan was running low on provisions, and it was about time to venture out into the jungle and search for more provisions, like food, water, and hopefully more supplies. He wasn't about to go in the forest without a proper weapon though, he scrounged around in the kitchen of the hotel and managed to put a knife into the baton, making it an even deadlier weapon.

He managed to find a security office and found some working stun stick tasers, there were guns inside but they weren't an option. For you to properly use a gun, you need to know how to use a gun. Dylan had no experience in guns, nor has he even seen a gun aside from fake movies and video games. He wasn't about to risk his own safety over a gun, it just wasn't worth the risk.

Dylan brought his backpack with him, inside were 2 1 liter bottles of water, 4 nutrient bars he found while scrounging around the park. He didn't dare bring any meat along on the dangerous trip he was about to embark on. He brought his knife baton and his stun stick with him, he also brought a flashlight in case he didn't make it back until night.

He soon exited the hotel and began walking into the jungle, now no longer protected by the cover of buildings and hotels. He does admit, it feels nice being out in the wilderness again, since his home before this was slightly remote. He keeps his stun stick in his main hand (right), as this would be useful to stun any incoming predators rather than killing them.

He followed some sort of tail through the jungle, listening to the natural sounds of birds, trees rustling, and dinosaurs in the distance. Despite this place being a deathtrap, it is a beautiful place indeed.

...

So far, Dylan has walked for hours, and he is currently getting eaten alive by mosquitos. He kept slapping himself, again and again, every time he felt a mosquito bite him. He was also getting drenched in sweat, as it was muggy outside and very moist. Still, this is the environment he's gonna have to get used to this weather though. Dylan soon finds an open field, and inside are herbivores like Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and Brachiosaurus.

He is relieved to see relatively peaceful dinosaurs and not dinosaurs trying to make a meal out of him, he sat down on a log to catch his breath. He pulled out one of his bottles and took a sip, then placed it back in the backpack. He soon walked into the field and kept his distance from the dinosaurs, knowing well enough they are more than capable of hurting them. He one time read an article about the deadliest animals in Africa being hippopotamus, they kill over 500 people in Africa per year.

He imagines herbivorous dinosaurs would be the same, and he doesn't wanna test his theory anyway... so it's best if he keeps his distance. Besides, being in a herd of dinosaurs will increase his risk of a carnivore attack. Dylan wasn't about to have some carnivore chase him around just yet, the weapons he has aren't guaranteed to protect him from carnivores he knows are out free on the island. As he walked to the other side of the field and into the forest, he noticed a berry bush. Dylan got excited, and rushed over to the bush but stopped after realizing something... how does he know if the berries are poisonous?!

He carefully examined the bush, and these berries were kinda blue. He's had blueberries before and they aren't poisonous, so he picked about 10 from the bush, ate 2 of them, and put the rest in his pocket. Dylan soon ventured off into the jungle, and he soon came upon a small clearing. He looked up, it was probably around 12 o'clock right now, and had around 8 or 9 hours of sunlight left. He had plenty of time to get what he needs. His thoughts were cut short when he heard a distinct hiss behind him.

He turned around and he was face to face with a Dilophasaurus! The frilled dinosaur stared into his eyes, a predatory instinct was in its eyes. Dylan faced the thing and backed away, the Dilo tried shooting its venom at him, but Dylan has been playing dodgeball for 8 months along with baseball, and that training was about to pay off! He dodged the venom, but the dino jumped on him!