Ch.2 : Life in Jurassic World

It's been a week now, Dylan has remained inside the main park. He didn't dare go out in the uncharted woods of the island, he was just too afraid to go out in the woods, and he knew that predators in there might see him and no doubt would make quick work of turning him into prey. Besides, he had to reason to go out in the jungle. Here, he had hard shelter no dinosaur would break into, and plenty of food around.

The only things that bothered little Dylan were the compies that would scavenge around for food, he managed to fight a nightstick on day 4 and that was now his main weapon. The compies mainly left him alone, but every time they became a nuisance, Dylan would swiftly correct them.

He may be 10, but he knew he had a weapon. He was a pretty good baseball player and had an excellent swing in the game, one of the best in his class even. He used his skills to his advantage and would make sure the compies would be hesitant to attack him next time because he managed to kill one of the compies. He was surprised with himself that he managed to kill one of them, he brought it to a firepit he made by the hotel and cooked the compy, and ate it.

Dylan may have killed a dinosaur, but it didn't make him tough or any more confident in himself. The compies are just the very tip of the iceberg, there were predators out there that even high nightstick wouldn't save him from, like those baryonyxs, he still remembers when they attacked that herd on his first day here. They likely didn't attack him, because he was too small a meal compared to the much larger beasts to even considered a worthy snack, or they didn't even notice him begin with.

...

"Good... it's recording. Uh... if anyone finds this, my name is Dylan Aiewood. My mother is Viennese Aiewood, my father is Jackson Aiewood. My brother is Daniel Aiewood, my big brother. I've been left behind, I-I only remember being lifted off the ground by a pteranodon, and dropped in the forest. When I woke up... everyone was evacuated. There's no one on the island, but me. I... I managed to take refuge inside one of the hotels here, and im lucky that I didn't get eaten while finding this place. I... I don't know how long it's been, probably a week now... but *sobs slightly*... I just want to go home! I miss my mom, my dad, and my brother! Even though my brother was mean to me and wished he never had a little brother, I love him like my brother! He was like my role model, I wanted to be like him when I grow up, have a girlfriend, play tennis, skateboard with my friends, and play video games! *Sobbing, and takes a breath* Now... looks like that's not gonna happen. Looks like... haha... im gonna be stuck on this island for... god, I don't know how long. Could be months, could be years... I may be here until I die" Dylan said into a GoPro he found while scrounging around in the main park. He took a moment to compose himself before continuing.

"If anyone finds this... please, send it to my family. I want to let them know, I survived... heh, that's funny. "I survived" but by the time they're seeing this, im likely already dead. Mom... dad, I love you two. I know you two weren't always there for me, and I know you couldn't spend time with me... because you two were busy with your jobs to support me and my brother. Daniel... if you're watching this, then you're probably... really happy that im gone. Or... you are regretting you ever said those things to me... either way. I want you to know that I never resented you back for any of the horrible things you said to me, I always loved you as my big brother. You know... back when the pteranodons were attacking, I don't think I've ever seen you so scared... not just for you, but for me also. *Sighs* Now... I get to live with dinosaurs, *sarcastic* Whoo! *Sigh* I'll do my best to survive, but I can't guarantee I'll make it off this island alive. If I do, I'll do my best to make it back home for my family, If I don't... well... *cries softly* at least I'll die by a dinosaur, right?" Dylan laughed softly, he soon turned off the GoPro and sat against a steel tree, and cried into his hands quietly.

The realization finally struck him that he may never make it off the island alive, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't try to survive as long as he can. He got up and walked back inside his hotel room, he laid down on the bed and played with some toys, trying to take his mind off the whole nightmare he is in. Dylan knew, surviving on this island isn't gonna be easy, and he knows eventually he's gonna have to go out in the forest. The provisions he has here are enough to last him for at least 3 months, and when they do run out, the jungle he will have to venture into if he ever hopes of survival.

He soon began making his way back to his hotel room, and while on his way, he looked at the GoPro files and it looked like someone was holding this before getting picked up by a pteranodon and carried away. He put it in his backpack and made his way, soon reaching his room. He looked outside at the setting sun, and he began to think of all the good times he had with his family.

...

Week 3...

1 more week passes... and Dylan is sitting on top of what used to be a bar. He knows well enough not to drink, but even if he was old enough, he doesn't even like beer anyway. He was playing with some more of his toys, which helped him get his mind in check and helped to balance his mental health. Dylan hasn't spoken to another human since the attack, and he feels like he's losing his mind from the isolation.

It was sunset, in fact, it was down enough that stars were visible in the night sky. He gained a habit of watching the sunset while trapped on this island, he's heard Brachiosaurs calling in the distance and other dinosaurs far from the park. It was indeed peaceful, that's one plus about this island, as it is absolutely beautiful. Dylan was glad that if this place will be his death, at least it's somewhere beautiful.

He was eating some steak he cooked while he played with his toys and watched the sunset, he did his best to cook over a fire. He soon smacked the back of his neck, killing a mosquito, one thing this island has a great abundance of is mosquitos, THEY are the ones eating him alive. There was no leftover mosquito repellent on the island, so he just had to deal with them.

He soon looked up at a particularly bright star in the sky and began humming the song "twinkle twinkle little star",  a song his mom sang to him when he was half as young as he is now. That song always gave him some sort of comfort and made him feel safe, and it also made him feel like his mother was with him.

He soon begins to think... what are his parents doing right now? They have either given up on ever seeing him again, or are actively trying to get a search party to Jurassic World for anyone that was left behind. They wouldn't go do it for free, of course, they'd have to pay a lot to get a search and rescue mission out here though. His parents weren't the richest... so they couldn't afford the search and rescue mission.

A few hours later... the sun had completely set and the moon soon rose from the horizon, it was in the third quarter phase, meaning it would soon be non-visible in the night sky soon enough. It was indeed a beautiful sight though, he soon decided it was time for him to head back to the hotel.

He left and used a flashlight to navigate his way while walking down the pathway that lead to the hotel, and while on his way, he got a creeping feeling that something was stalking him. He pulled out his baton and looked around at his surroundings, he thought maybe he was being paranoid, so he just remained quiet. It wasn't until heard rustling in the bushes that he knew something was stalking him, he looked over his shoulder again and again and soon made it to the hotel where he shut the door and barricaded it.

He looked through the glass and there was no sign of the stalker anywhere. He sighed and slowly made his way up to his room, and laid down in his bed, and looked outside for a bit before slowly drifting off into sleep.