Ch.4 : Blue

His eyes opened, it was still night out, it was at least 3:40 AM. Why is he awake? Soon, he heard several noises coming from outside his door. Something was in the hallway! Dylan stayed in his bed and his breath grew heavy as he feared what was in the hallway thumping round, something must've gotten inside the hotel. Hopefully whatever it is won't burst through his door, because whatever unwanted guest he has is in the hallway on his floor.

The ruckus inside the hallway soon came to a silence, and after a few minutes, he heard heavy footsteps on the floor above him. He soon got up, started packing up a lot of his items, and soon sneakily went out his door and began running to the stairs, going down them as fast as he could without tripping. He soon made it to the front door, and it was open, either something or someone had entered the building through this door!

He didn't wanna stick around to find out who or what though, he just wanted to get the hell out of that building. He ran through the open door and began running as fast as his little legs could take him, not even looking back. He decided to head to main park, and shelter there for the night. This way, whatever was in the hotel, dinosaur or not, won't easily sneak upon him. He soon arrived at the main street, stopping to catch his breath when he was sure he was in the clear.

He soon looked back at the jungle, hoping whatever uninvited guest he had didn't follow him here. He soon walked over to a dysfunctional lampost and sat against it, he soon looked up at the sky and said with tears in his eyes "Why?! Why me!? Why do I have to be in this nightmare! I just wanna go home!"

...

Morning soon came, Dylan had barricaded himself in the gift shop and slept in there for the rest of the night, or he tried to at least. Dylan waited for it to get a little brighter out before he goes to investigate the hotel to see what happened, hopefully, it was nothing dangerous...

He soon made his move, when it was about 10:00 AM, he left the building he came from and walked all the way back to the hotel. The door was still open, just as he left it. He approached the door with caution, and soon noticed the footprints leading in and out of the door, he saw his shoe prints, but also something else coming in and following him out. They were raptor footprints, from the size of them, they matched the blue raptor's feet perfectly. Either that raptor followed him into the hotel, or another velociraptor of similar size is on his tail.

He slowly went into the building, both stun stick and knived baton in his hands and at the ready. He figures he can at least buy him some time to escape with his life in case one of those raptors find him and attempt to execute him. If he's going down, he isn't going down without a fight. Dylan slowly walked up the stairs and saw that the entire hotel seemed like it was more trashed than before like something was snooping around, like that raptor.

When he arrived to his room, he saw it was open. Perhaps he left it open when he made his escape, he thought, but when he went inside... he found his room utterly destroyed. The bed was torn up and scratched up, everything on the walls was knocked over... and his fridge was open! He rushed over, and all his rations were gone! Whatever dinosaur was in here made off with his food!

This was bad, not only are his rations gone, but now that velociraptors are out on the prowl, the hotel is no longer safe. It was time for him to relocate his home, and he started packing. He used plastic bags he found leftover in the gift shop and started packing up his clothes and belongings, he figured he'd only use his backpack to store important items like weapons or food. He soon thought maybe he can store the bags in the backpack, and he soon went on with the idea.

He soon got up, and left the hotel, and began walking back into the jungle, which was his safe haven. Now, intelligent predators like velociraptors are onto him and have found a way inside the hotel. Staying here is too dangerous now, and now he has to take his chances out in the jungle.