Prologue🌫

Staring at her reflection in the mirror after emptying the contents of her stomach into the private bathroom, the constant notifications lighting up her home screen caught Mia's attention

Staring at her reflection in the mirror after emptying the contents of her stomach into the private bathroom, the constant notifications lighting up her home screen caught Mia's attention. "Damn, what's going on now?" she groans unlocking her phone noticing that all the notifications were from Instagram making her scrunch up her face.

If she had known what was waiting for her she would've ignored the notifications, maybe her breathing would've been normal, her stomach wouldn't be churning and her heart wouldn't have been aching. She felt physically sick as her glossy eyes flickered across the screen reading Millie's caption repeatedly not allowing herself to believe what she was seeing.

Looking through the pictures of her alleged boyfriend hugged up with the mother of his child shattered every ounce of love she felt for him, a stream of tears streaked down her face as her breathing pattern became distorted. The sound of the door opening brought her back to reality, "Girl it looks so pretty out there, whoa Mia are you okay?" Raya asks walking further into the bathroom as Mia stumbles past her.

"Yo, I've been enjoying spending time with Legend, it's crazy that he was chilling in my ball sac just a year ago" Reign says talking to Easton who just laughs at his friend's crazy revelation, "Nigga you dumb as hell for that" he comments.

They were just sipping on some drinks and munching on the finger foods at the snack table, "Nah but for real it's something about watching your own child grow into themselves" Reign says thinking of how Legend's personality was starting to develop. "Bro Kai is getting so big, she's now speaking her mind like she runs shit or something. It's actually crazy" East says remembering how Kairi now voices her likes and dislikes.

Scrolling through Instagram, Reign notices that he's mentioned in a few posts attracting him to the mentions section of the app, "Yo what the fuck East" his voice booms gaining his best friend's attention. Looking over Reign's shoulder, East notices the pictures he had specifically told Millie to keep to her self making him catch onto the situation just as he noticed Mia rushing to the entrance of the building.

"Fuck" he cussed running after her, "Baby, bae wait-" he shouted grabbing onto her arm which Mia snatched back as if his hold burnt her, "Don't fucking touch me" she snarled.

The tone of her voice made him wince as his eyes took in her appearance, the tears framing her face made him realise the severity of the situation, "Mia I swear-" he started before a chuckle interrupted his explanation. "No, I don't wanna hear it Easton. Just in case it wasn't clear, whatever we had is over" she sneers tearing at his argument as her chest heaves and her voice breaks whilst trying to fight off the sob itching to be released.

Instinctively, Easton reached over to console she shook her head letting several whimpers escape her lips, "No, don't touch me" Mia screams slapping away Easton's hands as tears continued to streak down her face. "Baby please-" he calls out just as she reaches over to slap the taste out of his mouth; "I hate you, on my son I hate you Easton" Mia spat venomously rushing over to the car rental that was waiting on her.

"Fuck" East cursed throwing his hands up as the realisation of the situation hit him; "I need you to leave" Amara said in a voice dripping hatred as she turned around to wrap up the event and head over to her best friend's aid. "I swear it's not how it looks" East tried to explain to his best friend who merely shook his head in disappointment.

Mia could barely hold in the sobs that raked throughout her body as her eyes grazed over the post repeatedly on the ride home, her chest tightened at the level of betrayal she felt and she knew then nothing would be the same.

She didn't want to believe that the man she envisioned spending the rest of her life with had been dishonest throughout the length of their relationship, was it all a lie? The timeline of their relationship played through her mind as she tried to pinpoint the mistakes she had made to deserve the heartbreak she was currently experiencing, first it was Herb now East, maybe she was the problem.

The constant ringing of her phone agitated her more causing her to put on DND just as they pulled up to the hotel, "Thank you" Mia croaks to the driver closing the door heading into the hotel. As soon as she enters the hotel room, Mia begins to pack up her things, halfway through her rummage the door opens and Easton walks in making her groan loudly, "Why? Why won't you just leave me the fuck alone?" she screams throwing the closest thing at his head.

"Just hear me out Mia, I did cheat but-" he starts to explain before a loud sob stops him midsentence, East watches as Mia rushes over to him punching his chest repeatedly whilst crying out. "I hate you" she screams over and over as her hits lose their impact allowing him to wrap his arms around her finally realising the damage he had done to the woman who owned his heart, "I hate that I still love you" she whispers.

A knock on the door causes her to break out of his embrace, opening the door East is met with glares from both Zo and Amara, "You okay baby?" Zo asks noticing a behavioural change in Mia that scared him. Herb was Mia's first love, he was the bad boy that stole her heart at a young age, he was the father of her son yet the very man who destroyed her outlook on love.

Zo and Amara had to watch their friend battle through not only heartbreak but postpartum depression, everything about Mia had changed and for several weeks they battled with getting her out of her closed-off state. Watching her gather her things from around the room, both of her best friends recognised the state Mia was in, making eye contact they simultaneously agreed that they had to get her out of this situation.

Movie night with the kids was interrupted by several knocks, "What the hell?" Ma Grace questioned walking up to open the door, "Oh hey y'all, I thought you said it was going to end at around 2200" she said letting them into the hotel suite. Mia was unsettled and immediately walked over to Yosohn, "Come on papa" she says picking him up causing Kairi to walk over to her, "We go Mia?" her soft voice sounds tapping her thigh.

Looking down at her little face, Mia felt her eyes clouding all over again "Not this time baby, I'll come see you soon okay?" she says causing Kairi to frown not wanting her to leave. "No" she whines holding onto her leg as Amara and Zo explain the situation to Ma Dukes, Ma Grace and Mama Rosie, kneeling down to her height, Mia pulls Kairi into a hug wiping away her tears discretely.

"I promise to call you tomorrow okay? Be good for nana baby, I love you" Mia says holding Kairi's face in the palm of her hands before leaving kisses all over his face. "Why don't you leave Yo so the kids can have a holiday with their nanas?" Ma Dukes suggests holding onto Mia's hand.

Feeling her emotions getting the best of her, Mia nods her head wiping away the tears repeatedly from her eyes causing Ma Dukes to pull her away, "I know what East did and I want you to know that I'll always be here for you" she whispers lovingly wrapping her arms around Mia. "

"Take some time for yourself, get away from this mess and when we get home, if you're ready then we can talk about it" Ma Dukes suggests knowing the amount of turmoil Mia was probably in and that alone had her ready to beat the breaks off of her stupid son. Walking into the living room, Mia says her goodbyes to all the children before leaving the hotel along with Zo who had already packed his things and was ready to support his friend when she needed him the most.

Sitting in the car watching the stars glitter against the dark blue background, Mia felt Zo hold onto her hand as she leaned her head on the window, "It will get better" he promised hoping those words would reduce the amount of unrest evident in his best friend.

How you gonna up and leave like that?
When I gave you all I had
I gave you the real me
Told you all my feelings
And you gonna turn around and front like you don't feel me
I put that on my life that I ain't see this coming
Opened up my heart I should've never let you come in
But I wish you well though
That's all I could tell you
Maybe in your next life you'll find everything you wanted