Chapter 17

Ashwika

Self control is a quality that is a faraway relative for me, but tonight I'm coping up with my best ever self control. After getting shocked knowing that Siva is someone who is interested in doing tik tok and reels, I'm yet to check his profile. My brother, Vishu, took away the phone from me and checked Siva's pics but didn't comment anything about it.

After reaching home and freshening up I showed the saree to my parents. They were happy as even though the cost was paid by the organisation, I chose a simple yet a beautiful saree at low cost. Later on we had our dinner and after spending some quality time with my family, now I'm in my room scrolling down Siva's profile feeds.

No one could have imagined there is this side of Siva, especially the ones who claim that he is a short tempered and strict person

No one could have imagined there is this side of Siva, especially the ones who claim that he is a short tempered and strict person. Though he is not a regular like Sanjay, for every 6 to 7 posts one reels/tik tok pops up. When I realised he had accepted my request to follow him, I was surprised, which was followed by shock after seeing two back to back reels at the starting of his feed.

Apo Sanjay sabam vita person ivaru kidaiyathu. Ipo ethuku nan atha pathi nenaikuren.

(Then Siva is not the person that Sanjay cursed at me. Wait. Why am I thinking about it again?)

I scroll down and continue checking his post. His reactions in a few of his boomerangs or reels are funny and cute. Most of his picture posts have beautiful quotes by legends. I really love the way ... love ah? ... like the way he handles his account.

There is a reel with a song which is vaguely familiar and with its caption, I search for the song on youtube and a few videos and edits come up as results. I wonder how he has chosen such rarely known songs to do tiktok. After two to three posts there is a tik tok with the same song, but this time he pans out from a video on the television screen. I select the same video and add it to my watch later list.

"Ashwi ennum thoongalaye enna panitu iruka?" My mom calls out for me.

(Ashwi, what are you doing without sleeping yet?)

"Onnum illama, thoo thoonga pooren" (Nothing mom, I'm just about to sleep)

I scroll up his feeds, though he has accepted my follow request, he hasn't followed me back. But he should know that I'm aware of him accepting my follow request. So I double tap on his latest reel and today's post and exit the app before I settle on my bed to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siva

Keeng Keeng

I'm checking on the blueprints of the electric vehicle when my mobile phone beeps. On the home screen it shows as an Instagram notification. I usually keep Instagram notification turned off but as I'm awaiting a response from Sanjay, I have kept it turned on.