Chapter 23: Siva

Devil is somewhere in the office premises and watching us. I follow Ashwika to the lift bay by staying a step behind her and looking around. He has not just entered the office premises, he also had the guts to call me and taunt Ashwika.

I'm going to kill this Samarth, I have asked him to tighten the security but he has taken this issue lightly and let it loose. And now his carelessness has brought this situation.

We enter the lift and as we descend, all my concern is to take Ashwika to a safer place. She doesn't want to know what is happening around her and it is safe for her.

In my thoughts, I completely forget that Ashwika is watching me, she leans a little towards me and says "Chilla irunga Chilla irunga," (Stay Cool, Stay Cool) by flapping her hands like a bird with wings.

Immediately, I break into a laughter riot and tell her that she is there to stay cool "Kulu Kulu, nee thaan irukiye chilla ah iruka, Kulu Kulu".

She smirks and I repeat those words remembering her saying Kulu Kulu when I applied an ice cube on her wounds

She smirks and I repeat those words remembering her saying Kulu Kulu when I applied an ice cube on her wounds. The lift door opens and when we exit she asks if that is a nickname for her, "Ama Kulu Kulu ena neenga vacha pera?"

"Naan vacha pera ah, nee vacha peru," I remind her that she was the one who coined the word.

We walk into the office lobby which can be a safe place for us. I called Samarth and asked him to bring the car to the entrance and call Sanjeet, my best friend from college whose wife Aneesha is a dermatologist.

His phone rings with a caller tune and I sing along with it for which I receive a comment from Ashwika.

Inji Idupazhagi

"Enna pattu ellam padurenga, theritenga," (Wow you are singing a song! Hmm nice development)

He picks the call and I first ask him about the caller tune, so that Ashwika will know I didn't sing with any wrong intention, "Ena machan caller tune ellam balama iruku" (Looks like someone has a great choice of Caller tunes?)

"Kids doing da machan. So tell me what have I done to get a call from the busiest CEO?"

"You never get tired of teasing me. I called to ask at which Hospital, Aneesha is working?"